Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
You will have access on 11/8, 11/9, and 11/10 as a result of being STE+ on an international itinerary, assuming that ATL-LAX isn't actually a separate PNR. This also grants you a guest.

ATL, DTW, NRT, LAX all have Sky Clubs. Not sure if there's a partner lounge at SIN that is open for STE+ (I believe it has to be SkyTeam operated, not 3rd party).
No lounge access at SIN based on DL status as the lounge DL uses there, IIRC SkyView perhaps operated by Swiss but also used by other SkyTeam carriers such as AF/KLM in T1, is a third party contract lounge.

There are some PP lounges conveniently located at SIN, IIRC including SkyView, that can be used by arriving or departing passengers. Some have showers. there are also some lounges at SIN that you can pay to enter; these generally charge additional fees for showers and alcohol.

On the 10th the LAX lounge can be used upon arrival, before you exit the airside portion of T5.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:19 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Sorry if you're confused. However, I think anyone reading this thread could easily tell that I was replying to the post right above mine.
You might think that, but the fact that we're having this discussion in the first place tends to indicate you're wrong. People are in fact confused by contextless, vague replies.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No, DL is quite clear on this. They even removed the benefit from the website. DL Skyclub customer service has even confirmed it removed access for F passenger on PHX/SAN/SEA/etc to JFK unless connecting onward to a flight in D1.
This is not strictly true.

You don't have to be in D1 specifically. You could also be in just regular short haul F if that flight is "International" (eg Canada, Mexico, etc)
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.

edit: found answer in another thread.

Last edited by OPENROAD; Sep 22, 2016 at 3:07 pm
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
You might think that, but the fact that we're having this discussion in the first place tends to indicate you're wrong. People are in fact confused by contextless, vague replies.
One person was confused. The confusion seems to come about after my reply. Everyone started adding replies on things not having to do with the actual question. The posts after that are all about different things each posted trying to be helpful. In doing so they added more confusion. In fact the OP I replied to said he was asking based on the circumstances I replied to.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Have AMEX gold Delta branded. Flying another carrier (not sky team alliance ) and will have a long layover. Will I be able to access Sky club using the $29 access fee?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. Unlike the unbranded Plat card access benefit, you can access the club with a same day flight on any airline.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ess/delta-gold
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
472 posts.... and the confusion continues.

How much is a result of Delta communications?

How much is a result of FF posters half truth communications?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
I hit DM a couple of months ago. I had an existing paid individual sky club membership when the transition from PM to DM happened. Does my individual membership get refunded/prorated or does the membership just run concurrent?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by anon2k2
I hit DM a couple of months ago. I had an existing paid individual sky club membership when the transition from PM to DM happened. Does my individual membership get refunded/prorated or does the membership just run concurrent?
I believe the expiration date of your membership will be extended beyond the end of your DM year by however many months you have left on your paid membership.

Looked at another way, the remaining time of your paid membership will be put on a shelf since you now have a free membership as DM, and the paid months will resume once you are no longer DM.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe the expiration date of your membership will be extended beyond the end of your DM year by however many months you have left on your paid membership.

Looked at another way, the remaining time of your paid membership will be put on a shelf since you now have a free membership as DM, and the paid months will resume once you are no longer DM.
In my case, it has been the reverse. They have appended my individual DM memberships onto the end of my existing paid memberships (they are all executive memberships as they were purchased prior to the big Sky Club membership changes).
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
In my case, it has been the reverse. They have appended my individual DM memberships onto the end of my existing paid memberships (they are all executive memberships as they were purchased prior to the big Sky Club membership changes).
For executive that's how they do it. People would get upset to lose executive membership to SC just because they reach DM. Thus they append it after the paid runs out.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the info
Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Originally Posted by LBJ
Yes. Unlike the unbranded Plat card access benefit, you can access the club with a same day flight on any airline.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ess/delta-gold
I just want to confirm what was posted on another thread: I can still get discounted passes for the SkyClub if I'm the second cardholder on a SkyMiles gold AmEx, yes?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 3:26 am

Programs: Asia Miles, Krisflyer
Hi guys, first time DL flyer here. just like to check, for my flight from LGA-YUL, is it right that I would get lounge access as an F passenger?

and if yes, on my inbound flight from YUL, as I am connecting afterwards to a UA flight, am i still eligible to use the DL lounge at YUL?

Thanks a million for the help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.