Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/1.8MM, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Juanefny
However, to your point, there are no Sky Team lounges in PR. DL closed the CR last year.
You're right I remember that also. No Crown Club in SJ anymore.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 8:22 am

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by WBurcham
San Juan is NOT an INTERNATIONAL DESTINATION!
I was in Puerto Rico last year for work. I needed Dell tech services to repair my laptop. They told me my service contract only covered visits within the United States not international locations.

When I stated that the post office down the street from me was flying the AMERICAN flag, they scheduled me for service right away. hahahaha
Old May 5, 2009, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question Transcon Upgraded Ticket

I'm flying from JFK to SFO and SFO to JFK on a coach-class ticket which has been upgraded (medallion upgrade) to First or "Business," as DL markets it.

Will I be able to access the Sky Club in SFO or JFK with this ticket? Here are the rules: <http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/airport_information/delta_sky_club/sky_club_locations/index.jsp> Scroll to the bottom. It's unclear whether upgraded tickets (that is, X and V-class) are eligible for SkyClub access. For some reason, I thought I remembered reading that even upgraded tickets allowed entry into the lounge.

Anyone know? I don't want to show up only to have a lounge dragon eat me alive .

Thanks, FT!
Old May 5, 2009, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I'm flying from JFK to SFO and SFO to JFK on a coach-class ticket which has been upgraded (medallion upgrade) to First or "Business," as DL markets it.

Will I be able to access the Sky Club in SFO or JFK with this ticket?
Thanks, FT!
Yes--you'll be able to access both SCs with that ticket. I've personally done it in JFK on a UGd ticket and SFO on an award ticket. Based on DL's policy, my experiences, and posts from others on this board, you are good to go in both cities as long as you have been UGd.

Note-I'm assuming when you say 'JFK to SFO' you mean nonstop JFK-SFO, no stop in ATL (or anywhere else). If it's not nonstop JFK-SFO, no SC access even with the UG.
Old May 6, 2009, 4:39 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Smile

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Yes--you'll be able to access both SCs with that ticket. I've personally done it in JFK on a UGd ticket and SFO on an award ticket. Based on DL's policy, my experiences, and posts from others on this board, you are good to go in both cities as long as you have been UGd.

Note-I'm assuming when you say 'JFK to SFO' you mean nonstop JFK-SFO, no stop in ATL (or anywhere else). If it's not nonstop JFK-SFO, no SC access even with the UG.
Thankfully, I have been upgraded. And yeah, it's a non-stop transcon from JFK to SFO and then SFO to JFK on the return. Thanks for the help!

Just wanted to make sure that the lounge dragons don't look at me and scoff.
Old May 6, 2009, 6:26 am

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DeltaFirst
You're right I remember that also. No Crown Club in SJ anymore.
Additionally the Presidents club closed a few moths after the Crown Room did so the only lounge I know of down in SJU these days is the Admirals club (located in another terminal).
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:20 pm

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Cool Access to sky club

Upon booking a first class ticket was told I would have access to lounge .Was told Canada to US would be flying "international".Asked again ...same answer.Just inquired as had a schedule change and was told no.So I sent an email asking for something on paper so as to avoid hassle at sky club.Was sent as follows" .... First, business class passengers may access any of Delta's sky clubs....".I printed page and will have it with me.Guess I'm in.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
At the bottom of the page shows you your access.
http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

Are there any Canadian airports with lounges for those flying to the U.S?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I don't know about YWG but in YYZ there are two departures, one international and one US. There is no Skyclub in the US departure wing but there is a very nice AF/KLM club in the international departure to Europe wing.

I would ask someone who is a regular flyer to US from YWG. All US bound flights from Canada due to One Sky agreement you are clearing US Homeland Security in Canada before the flight security screening.

F ticket entitle you use the Skyclub before departure if there is one or another Skyteam member has one.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:25 pm

There is no lounge in YWG when flying to to MSP (with the current terminal). I am not sure if this will change when the new terminal opens.
Brian
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:15 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
You should have access to the SC in MSP when you arrive from Canada if that is interesting to you.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 8:01 am

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Smile Thanks ....more info

I truly appreciate all the good comments.Looking forward to my lounge experience in a couple of weeks.Any comments on the libations/snacks in MSP, FLL,Atlanta or menu on Delta to these destinations ? Morning travel arriving mid afternoon.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Much has been written about club food offerings. Here's one lengthy thread. Search is your friend.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...wonderful.html
Old Feb 19, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
i have business class ticket to Central America. will this include Sky Club access (at ATL)? just trying to decide how early to arrive at airport - should I make time for sky club stop or will I not have access? thx.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by curl
i have business class ticket to Central America. will this include Sky Club access (at ATL)? just trying to decide how early to arrive at airport - should I make time for sky club stop or will I not have access? thx.
Select a qualifying club access criterion in the dropdown box and a list of available lounges is returned.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.