Wiki Posts
Search

Same day change JFK to LGA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Million Miler and PM
Same day change JFK to LGA

Can you and do the rules allow a same day change from JFK to LGA? Have meetings all day and I'd like to know I have the flexibility to take a later flight and the only one offered after the JFK departure is LGA.

thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Call and ask? I assume you want SDC not SDS, so fare class is likely to be the constraint.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Typically SDC is for the same departure/arrival city as your ticket. Co-terminal change is an unpublished benefit for DM, but if the flight you want is available in the same fare bucket you might get an agent who will help.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
For a PM. Not possible.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's a toll-free number, so call and ask. But, it's unlikely. Everybody who is in NYC wants to fly xLGA instead of xJFK, so they get tons of "asks."
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
If you are pretty sure that the flight you'd like to change to will have a good amount of open seats it may be in your best interest to play dumb and show up at LGA and plea a case to the ticket agent that you made a mistake and forgot your flight was leaving out of JFK instead of LGA. I have seen this happen before and the ticket agent allowed the customer to just standby on the flight out of LGA.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
If you are pretty sure that the flight you'd like to change to will have a good amount of open seats it may be in your best interest to play dumb and show up at LGA and plea a case to the ticket agent that you made a mistake and forgot your flight was leaving out of JFK instead of LGA. I have seen this happen before and the ticket agent allowed the customer to just standby on the flight out of LGA.
Under the new regime, be prepared to hoof it out to JFK or shell out the $200 + fare diffeence.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
It's a toll-free number, so call and ask. But, it's unlikely. Everybody who is in NYC wants to fly xLGA instead of xJFK, so they get tons of "asks."
Not everybody.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:30 pm
Original Member

Hello all
Has anyone had any recent experience with a same day change from a LGA-BOS to JFK-BOS. It’s on a weekend and I want an earlier flight than the first LGA departure. Plat Medallion if it helps.
Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all
Has anyone had any recent experience with a same day change from a LGA-BOS to JFK-BOS. It’s on a weekend and I want an earlier flight than the first LGA departure. Plat Medallion if it helps.
Thanks!
Its only a Diamond benefit not PM.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Vuelos
For a PM. Not possible.
It's possible, but only with a sympathetic agent.

Don't confuse "possible" with "ordinarily".
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all
Thanks!
it’s possible and doesn’t hurt to ask. Worst they will tell you is no.

As posted previously it is an unpublished Diamond benefit for co-terminal SDC.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
It’s possible - happened two times last year as a PM BOS - LGA/JFK and I super appreciated who helped. Because my expectation was a NO.

One was at the SkyClub Boston during low Christmas season, the flight went out half empty, the other was via phone.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I’m starting my 10th year as PM, and I’ve been able to accomplish a similar change on a walk-up basis (gate or SkyClub) at least once a year ... booked SEA-DTW/JFK-BWI, changed to fly into DCA or IAD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.