AVOD "pounder" etiquette.

Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL - Silver, AA - EXP, Marriott - Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Polite and direct >> passive-aggressive
Polite and direct is usually the most effective, but rarely very funny. I chuckled a little visualizing someone frantically trying to put their socks back on after being passive-aggressively shamed . But yes, if you want a quick resolution then be polite and direct.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/AX Reserve, HH DM
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Say beep every time she hits it?
I think we found a winner.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by stevekstevek
Flying transcon with my kids, sitting in steerage

Woman in back must be playing trivia game, and is playing with gusto -- pounding on the back of my seat like a gorilla.

I tried the "casually move over" so maybe she'll realize that I feel her banging on my seat..

Then I tried the "look around" to let her know that I've figured out that the reason I'm getting whiplash is because of her bashing the seat.

What's the appropriate next step?
trade seats with the person behind her and pull a stewie.
http://video.adultswim.com/family-guy/oh-no-a-baby.html
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by stevekstevek
Flying transcon with my kids, sitting in steerage

Woman in back must be playing trivia game, and is playing with gusto -- pounding on the back of my seat like a gorilla.

I tried the "casually move over" so maybe she'll realize that I feel her banging on my seat..

Then I tried the "look around" to let her know that I've figured out that the reason I'm getting whiplash is because of her bashing the seat.

What's the appropriate next step?
This is a very funny thread, but in all seriousness: why try all these things that she probably won't notice? Just turn around with a smile and say "I'm sorry, but these seats are pretty sensitive. Do you mind tapping the screen a little more softly?"

Subtly hinting at what you want never works with friends and loved ones who know you well, so I never know why people think it works with strangers.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:03 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by fedup flyer
Whoever decided to put the combo of touch screens and games that require muti touch on in a headrest....needs to be shot.
My sentiments exactly! Have had the same problem on a number of airlines, including TATL, and it drives me nuts.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
^^^^
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by SamOF
This is a very funny thread, but in all seriousness: why try all these things that she probably won't notice? Just turn around with a smile and say "I'm sorry, but these seats are pretty sensitive. Do you mind tapping the screen a little more softly?"

Subtly hinting at what you want never works with friends and loved ones who know you well, so I never know why people think it works with strangers.
However, passive/aggressive responses make for far more interesting reading on FT.

What makes for a better post on this forum when the woman seated behind me extended her fetid tootsy into the space between my seat and that of my partner: a polite "would you kindly remove your foot, Madam, as the stench of gorgonzola is making me gag", or to do as my partner did and give the offending foot a short, sharp rap with a hefty paperback? Me, I'll go for the attack with the paperback every time.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:43 pm

I had some teenagers playing Slap Jack on the table behind me one flight (you know, the game where you're required to quickly slap the pile of cards multiple times per game?). I let them play a few games, thinking they'd get a clue that maybe it's not great to play on a table attached to someone's seat, but they did not. So I turned around and told them to knock it off. Then politely suggested they play a game that didn't require slapping. Deer in headlights back at me, but they put the cards away
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:26 am

Response of the day!!!

In all seriousness though, be polite and direct
Old Jun 21, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Whoever decided to put the combo of touch screens and games that require muti touch on in a headrest....needs to be shot.
^

I'd be happy to contribute to the ammunition fund.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Djlawman
My sentiments exactly! Have had the same problem on a number of airlines, including TATL, and it drives me nuts.
Originally Posted by hockeystl
^

I'd be happy to contribute to the ammunition fund.
Agreed, after having these bids on MCO runs for years, I have been head banged by young and old alike.... poor design.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Agreed, after having these bids on MCO runs for years, I have been head banged by young and old alike.... poor design.
Are you sure you weren't fing..... Errrrrrrr, never mind....
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Tell her to bend over, grab her ankles and squeal like a pig in heat, since you're getting a poundin from her you'd like to do reciprocate the favor.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Now we're reaching for material.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I once asked someone politely to stop pushing so hard and he gave me real attitude back. He sort of threw his hands up in the air and sarcastically said "sorry!" very loudly. I told him that I would accept his apology and thanked him stoping.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.