Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SDC and domestic flights with int'l flight numbers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA PM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum

So I perused the giant SDC thread and couldn't find any mention of this, so apologies if it's been answered before.

Tomorrow I'm on DL74 DFW-ATL, booked into D. With the change of the SDC rules, do I have only one option for SDC if the need arises? The only other flight that is marketing D fares is DL84, which is expected since all the other flights are domestic flight numbers with F/P/A/G instead of J/C/D/I/Z.

Also, what if there is only one sub-1000 numbered flight to a destination? Would that effectively eliminate an SDC for someone booked into business class?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Good question... D is 'supposed' to map into P when you have a situation like that with domestic/intl numbers. So theoretically you can SDC onto a domestic flight number if P is available, but I'm sure you'll get some interesting responses from different agents on what you can do.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL, SPG
D does map to P. All fares are interchangeable if they are WNUP as they have the same booking codes mapped. If there is P availability you can SDC with a D fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.