Search

Question for Million Millers at Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Yes, but UA MM only counts BIS miles.

DL is crappy to MM though. They could do two things and I would love the MM program there. 1. Give SkyPriority to MM and 2. Give better UG priority within elite level to MM (above Reserve card).

I do like the Hartman luggage, it fits nicely in the CRJ900's.
I would even take better upgrade priority BELOW Reserve Card but above others of the same status. I think the Hartmann luggage was a total piece of crap.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by indufan
I would even take better upgrade priority BELOW Reserve Card but above others of the same status. I think the Hartmann luggage was a total piece of crap.
I'd be slightly mollified with PM and complimentary SC for 2MM.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 5khours
I agree.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Dream on! 2MM here. DL has a terrible MM program... a complete slap in the face to anyone who's shown loyalty to DL over the years. It's one of the main reasons I never fly them..... along with

1. Terrible award availability
2. Terrible award booking engine
3. No international UGs on reasonable fares.
4. No flat bed J yet on many international flights.
5. No international F
6. No IFLs
7. SDC policy
8. No partner awards on international F
9. Stealth elimination of complimentary SC membership for Asian GMs.
10. No OW awards
11. No close in award cancellations or changes
12. SC Beverages

Oh.... and a complete lack of a candor (to put it generously) on the part of management.

Pretty good airline though if you need to fLy ATL<>DTW once a year.
+1 on all accounts. Items #1 to 3 are why I switched to UA. What's sad is that every month or two, another devaluation (aka enhancement) gets added to the list, such as the recent decrease in MQMs when flying many SkyTeam airlines.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
I find that I get pretty good award availability due to DM status - far better than those with lower or no status. Perhaps better award availability could be added as a benefit for those with MM status.

As others have noted - when the MM program rolled out FO meant something - maybe not much but something. Since FO has repeatedly been downgraded perhaps MM should be lifetime GM instead of FO.

And the Tumi bags are better than the Hartmann but if Delta really loved us they would add Zero Halliburton luggage
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by FirstInFlight
I find that I get pretty good award availability due to DM status - far better than those with lower or no status. Perhaps better award availability could be added as a benefit for those with MM status.

As others have noted - when the MM program rolled out FO meant something - maybe not much but something. Since FO has repeatedly been downgraded perhaps MM should be lifetime GM instead of FO.

And the Tumi bags are better than the Hartmann but if Delta really loved us they would add Zero Halliburton luggage
Really? I find the same award availability if I'm logged in to the DL website with my SM number versus if I search for availability not logged in. I don't see that my DM status of my 2MM status makes any difference whatsoever.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jsmith50
Really? I find the same award availability if I'm logged in to the DL website with my SM number versus if I search for availability not logged in. I don't see that my DM status of my 2MM status makes any difference whatsoever.
Remember that the enhanced availability is only for domestic coach awards. I've observed it but I wouldn't generally use miles this way.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I would settle for the PM alone.

Complementary Sky Club membership for every 2 MM-er would only further muck up a situation that is already almost totally mucked up.

And, considering the current condition of the clubs, adding SC membership would almost demean the award.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Remember that the enhanced availability is only for domestic coach awards. I've observed it but I wouldn't generally use miles this way.
Not true. It also helps on international coach awards. Example - - Aug 14-26 DTW-FCO non-stop roundtrip has availability at the 60,000 level when I'm logged in (and select I am traveling), but it's 77,500 miles when I'm not logged in.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
I've booked 3 domestic flights and one international for others this week. For the 3 domestic I found flights at 25K when I was logged in but they cost 40K when I bought them for others. I didn't find a difference on the international flight - but was pretty constrained for dates, times and locations so I didn't have much to work with.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by LBJ
Not true. It also helps on international coach awards. Example - - Aug 14-26 DTW-FCO non-stop roundtrip has availability at the 60,000 level when I'm logged in (and select I am traveling), but it's 77,500 miles when I'm not logged in.
I have also seen differences on domestic F awards. I do largely agree with 5khours' list. DL does have more J flatbeds than AA. I believe UA is all flatbeds now, so DL is somewhere in the middle.

UA has done much to screw their elites, but they did hit a home run for 1 million milers. Gold status plus the ability to share the status with a spouse or partner.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by FirstInFlight
I've booked 3 domestic flights and one international for others this week. For the 3 domestic I found flights at 25K when I was logged in but they cost 40K when I bought them for others. I didn't find a difference on the international flight - but was pretty constrained for dates, times and locations so I didn't have much to work with.
I almost exclusively use miles for international flights. Priced flights this week for Sydney in August, Hong Kong in September and Scotland in October from ATL. For the dates I need, they price out exactly the same logged in or not. This has historically been the trend I have seen. I have never once observed a pricing difference despite my 'status' with DL. They know that outstanding SMs on their books are a financial hit and I'm sure they want us to burn as many as possible on each redemption.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsmith50
I almost exclusively use miles for international flights. Priced flights this week for Sydney in August, Hong Kong in September and Scotland in October from ATL. For the dates I need, they price out exactly the same logged in or not. This has historically been the trend I have seen. I have never once observed a pricing difference despite my 'status' with DL. They know that outstanding SMs on their books are a financial hit and I'm sure they want us to burn as many as possible on each redemption.
You did not say whether these are BE flights or not. You can check the example I gave above for yourself. I also booked 3 tickets for DTW-AMS earlier this year and was able to get them at the 60,000 level when logged in and selecting 'I am traveling', but they were not available at that level otherwise. So the DTW-FCO example above is not an isolated example.

Just checked DTW-SYD and found availability for 100,000 miles from 8/20 - 8/27 when logged in and selecting 'I am traveling'. After logging out and restarting my session, the best available option was 140,000 miles. I think it's pretty clear for coach tickets there is some enhanced availablility on international flights when logged in and selecting 'I am traveling'.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 14, 2013 at 1:51 pm
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
You did not say whether these are BE flights or not. You can check the example I gave above for yourself. I also booked 3 tickets for DTW-AMS earlier this year and was able to get them at the 60,000 level when logged in and selecting 'I am traveling', but they were not available at that level otherwise. So the DTW-FCO example above is not an isolated example.
I always price them both ways, but when burning miles, I only redeem for BE. Nonetheless, same mileage price for BE or Y, at least for the dates I need.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Really I do not think I have ever seen it even with domestic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.