Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Air Controllers strike CDG June 11,12,13

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Controllers strike CDG June 11,12,13

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
I ended up getting back to TXL, from MAD (via AMS), this morning as opposed to yesterday, i.e. well over 3 hours. Am I right that this qualifies for the EU compensation for 400 Euros? Is it best to start with KL--I'm assuming them, the carrier, though I bought the ticket from DL--more informally (Twitter) or just submit the 261/2004 form?

(Moderators, I'm happy to have this start a new thread, or for it to be moved to FB.)
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ryanm
I ended up getting back to TXL, from MAD (via AMS), this morning as opposed to yesterday, i.e. well over 3 hours. Am I right that this qualifies for the EU compensation for 400 Euros? Is it best to start with KL--I'm assuming them, the carrier, though I bought the ticket from DL--more informally (Twitter) or just submit the 261/2004 form?

(Moderators, I'm happy to have this start a new thread, or for it to be moved to FB.)
I'd suggest you start by reading the info on EU 261/2004 in the KLM or FB forum. AFAIK everything is on the head of the operating carrier, regardless of any codeshares, for stuff like this but codeshares might matter when flight schedules are changed and you need either a rebooking or a refund.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd suggest you start by reading the info on EU 261/2004 in the KLM or FB forum. AFAIK everything is on the head of the operating carrier, regardless of any codeshares, for stuff like this but codeshares might matter when flight schedules are changed and you need either a rebooking or a refund.
Thanks, MSPeconomist. I'll head over to the FB forum, which I checked before the strike but not after; I imagine it's full of posts re. the strike as well as previous ones on 261/2004. FWIW the flights in question, though purchased through DL, were never codeshare (even though the monitors were giving DL #s and, on the outbound flights at least, I earned the miles promised).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.