Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles cruise question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Skymiles cruise question

Hi All!

Does Double Miles on Delta Purchases apply to skymilescruise.com?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Welcome to FT.

I am not going to answer your direct question - but I will throw my thought out anyway...I would be sure you cannot get the same cruise deal somewhere else like direct on the cruiseline. I have found in my <limited> research on skymilescruises that the extra miles earned are nowhere near as valuable as the the increment in cost. I hope you are available to find a deal though ;-)
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orr333
Welcome to FT.

I am not going to answer your direct question - but I will throw my thought out anyway...I would be sure you cannot get the same cruise deal somewhere else like direct on the cruiseline. I have found in my <limited> research on skymilescruises that the extra miles earned are nowhere near as valuable as the the increment in cost. I hope you are available to find a deal though ;-)
Thnx for reply~Actually I just found the prices were the same at cruiseline and skymilescruise. UA seems more friendly as they offer at least 2 miles per dollar spent on the UA cruise.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:50 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Slightly hijacking this thread...

But it got me thinking... what happens to airfare sold as part of a cruise purchased from SkyMiles Cruises? Is it considered "bulk/consolidator" and only given reduced earning? But since it is being sold by DL, that would contradict their claim that any fare sold by DL will earn full MQMs.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Sky Miles Cruise and Delta Vacation is two separate entities from Delta Airlines.

YSMMV (Your SKy Milage May Vary) when you book a package. I have heard it got either way.

IME if you shop around you will find better deals even with the RDM bonus.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
OMG... combining SkyMiles with the cruise industry!

Nothing good can some of this.

Sort of like walking into an explosives factory with a lit cigarette dangling from your lips.

I can see the FT posts now: "My cruise ship caught fire, we drifted around the Caribbean without power, water, or toilets for ten days, and ended up having to eat some of the early fatalities. How many SkyMiles should I ask for in compensation?"

Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
OMG... combining SkyMiles with the cruise industry!

Nothing good can some of this.

Sort of like walking into an explosives factory with a lit cigarette dangling from your lips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.