China Eastern Blackout dates 2013

Old May 25, 2013, 3:14 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

China Eastern Blackout dates 2013

I was on the phone today and heard 'we can see availability but can't price it' for a China Eastern flight.

Another agent said that China Eastern is blacked out from Jun 1st to Jul 31st. The only source of black out dates I could find is this. It does not mention blackouts for MU PVG-SFO which seems a new route.

Does anyone know the blackout dates for MU in 2013?

Last edited by RSSrsvp; May 26, 2013 at 8:23 am Reason: Moved to the mail DL forum.
Old May 26, 2013, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
MU no longer has blackout dates. They are doing some fare class changes, which is the likely cause of the problem.
Old May 26, 2013, 9:48 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtkeller
MU no longer has blackout dates. They are doing some fare class changes, which is the likely cause of the problem.
Interesting! They mentioned the different fare classes correctly (D and O) correctly as according to Expertflyer.com. But still could not price it. WIll try again.

Thanks!
Old May 26, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Interesting! They mentioned the different fare classes correctly (D and O) correctly as according to Expertflyer.com. But still could not price it. WIll try again.

Thanks!
O = business award
X = economy award
for MU (as of June 1, 2013)

There are no blackout dates. If it is available then it should be bookable. More likely than not you just got some agents who don't know what they are doing. It often takes quite a few calls until you get someone who actually knows their job at DL.
Old May 27, 2013, 5:09 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RealHJ
O = business award
X = economy award
for MU (as of June 1, 2013)

There are no blackout dates. If it is available then it should be bookable. More likely than not you just got some agents who don't know what they are doing. It often takes quite a few calls until you get someone who actually knows their job at DL.
It's bookable indeed - finally found an agent who was able to piece together the trip but I could not get the routing I wanted.
Old May 27, 2013, 5:27 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
It's bookable indeed - finally found an agent who was able to piece together the trip but I could not get the routing I wanted.
Welcome to the world of award tix! Glad you got it, at least! Hava great trip!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.