Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 SkyClub open?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Here's a link to CBS New York - Ch. 2's video on T4 including SkyClub but also showing other facilities within the terminal to help visualize what it's like.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/89...-rave-reviews/
Old May 25, 2013, 4:56 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by pragakhan
Anyone smoking on the sky deck? haha
It is closed is morning because it is pouring, but I did look for a no smoking sign and did NOT see one....maybe I missed it though
Old May 25, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by adamj023
It is just a quick snack or bite to relive hunger like bar snacks.
The paucity of quality food items will indeed allow club patrons to continously relive their hunger.
Old May 25, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Letitride3c
Here's a link to CBS New York - Ch. 2's video on T4 including SkyClub but also showing other facilities within the terminal to help visualize what it's like.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/89...-rave-reviews/
This is journalism?!?!? With enemies like that, who needs friends?
Old May 25, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: DL EOS...
"THE JITNEY"

Oh, that'll fix it.....
Old May 25, 2013, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ti22
"THE JITNEY"

Oh, that'll fix it.....
If the ride is long enough, maybe NYC folks will get confused and think they're going to the Hamptons.
Old May 25, 2013, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold, JetBlue, Marriott Silver, Hilton Honors
Cameron Diaz looked like she was enjoying the new T4 SC last night.
Old May 26, 2013, 6:59 am

Just finished up and posted my trip report to JFK for the opening day of the T4 expansion....

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...ad.main/238458

I also have pictures of DTW including the stupid fake wood chip things!
Old May 26, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by Burj
Just finished up and posted my trip report to JFK for the opening day of the T4 expansion....

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...ad.main/238458

I also have pictures of DTW including the stupid fake wood chip things!
Nice report! I hope you post your flight from JFK to the Shena thread as that is clearly what happened there. Glad you rectified it.
Old May 26, 2013, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Nice report! I hope you post your flight from JFK to the Shena thread as that is clearly what happened there. Glad you rectified it.
You know I debated if it was Shena or not....after all they did pull up two people who were ahead of my on the list to first and they could have easily of left them them in coach...

I attribute it more to the general rush/confusion of trying to board all the stand-by people and close the door on time....
Old May 26, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: DL DM PM
You know I debated if it was Shena or not....after all they did pull up two people who were ahead of my on the list to first and they could have easily of left them them in coach...

I attribute it more to the general rush/confusion of trying to board all the stand-by people and close the door on time....
True, but with all the people on standby, the off-duty captain gets the F seat? He wasn't even high on the standby list as per your account. They only needed the one seat for their shenanigans, and they were clearly not going by the "you board, you lose" philosophy or the 2 people in Y wouldn't have been moved up. If procedures had been followed as they were doing for the other standbys the captain would have boarded with a BP for your seat, as happened with the 2 ahead of you on the UG list. Anyway, glad you got your F seat as a reward for your reporting!
Old May 26, 2013, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
True, but with all the people on standby, the off-duty captain gets the F seat? He wasn't even high on the standby list as per your account. They only needed the one seat for their shenanigans, and they were clearly not going by the "you board, you lose" philosophy or the 2 people in Y wouldn't have been moved up. If procedures had been followed as they were doing for the other standbys the captain would have boarded with a BP for your seat, as happened with the 2 ahead of you on the UG list. Anyway, glad you got your F seat as a reward for your reporting!
Wow...you know I hadn't thought about that....you make some good points...maybe it was an attempted Shena!
Old May 26, 2013, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The GA's nonexplanation seemed weak, which to me suggests Shena too. An honest mistake of forgetting the last upgrade but otherwise following procedure would have put the top standby in the FC seat, not the captain. He seems to have been handpicked by the GA for the FC seat. It also sounds like the GA didn't have to say much to the captain about the ultimate seat switch, both the pilot and the GA seem to have known what was going on.
Old May 26, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Really enjoyed your trip report.

With respect to the JFK Jitney, those buses are not nearly as nice as the Cobus 3000 buses that were used to transport pax between Concourses B and C at CVG. I wonder what ever happened to them?
Old May 26, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by ND76
Really enjoyed your trip report.
?
+1. Does a new SC have a separate seating area for HVCs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.