Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 SkyClub open?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Tom Otley
The sushi platter is indeed "premium food", and is for sale in the lounge this evening for $22.
Other examples are

Small plates:

Rosemary, truffle and parmesan popcorn bowls $5
Steamed Edamame, sea salt and crispy wasabi seaweed $7
Crispy pretzel crostini, mustard and gruyere cheese fondue $6
Large plates:

Cold poached shrimp, saffron aioli, fennel, hard-boiled egg, carrots $18
Sushi platter - 8 pieces of sushi, tuna, salmon belly, Fluke, Snapper, Wasabi, Soy sauce $16
Caesar Salad (with chicken) $15
Wow, so wait, we have to actually purchase the food like getting drinks from the Luxury Bar?
Old May 24, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Sitting at the sky club right now. I can say its kinda chaotic. Havent checked out the sky deck yet. Pre check was nice!!!!!
Old May 24, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by elbombo
Additionally customers needing privacy within the Club can reserve the Ciroc Lounge, which offers a private space with seating and entertainment.
Ciroc? What, they couldn't sell the naming rights to Old English 800 or Thunderbird?
Old May 24, 2013, 12:57 pm

I'm not an expert on that programme, but the free beers are Bud and Miller Lite. The paid-for ones (on $3) are Brooklyn, Stella, Blue Moon.
Old May 24, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by adamj023
America"s love affair with alcohol
Anybody drink some Gordon's at the new T4 SC? Skol!!!

It could be worse, you could be at the tavern in New Jersey where they mix caramel colored food dye with rubbing alcohol and call it Scotch.
Old May 24, 2013, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by ND76
Anybody drink some Gordon's at the new T4 SC? Skol!!!

It could be worse, you could be at the tavern in New Jersey where they mix caramel colored food dye with rubbing alcohol and call it Scotch.
AKA TGI Fridays

Vendors notoriously mislabel food/drink for monetary reasons because they can make high markups and pad their bottom line.
Old May 24, 2013, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by NYCflip
Sitting at the sky club right now. I can say its kinda chaotic. Havent checked out the sky deck yet. Pre check was nice!!!!!
Great to have PreCheck, Sky Deck is empty (it's drizzling here) but really nice.

Originally Posted by nogophers
How is the complimentary liquor/beer selection at this new terminal? I'm hoping they didn't screw it up like most of the others by bringing in Gordon's and Bud/Lite.
They do have complimentary sparkling wine at the front desk today. Seems like that's what most people in here are having.

I've got a picture of the dining menu on my phone that ill try to upload later.
Old May 24, 2013, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Not like there isn't enough places to get liquor and food on the planet. But airports just happen to be great social spots where they get the travelers wallet.
Old May 24, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Found this clip from this morning at JFK T4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wis7nVMe3GM
Old May 24, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Found this clip from this morning at JFK T4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wis7nVMe3GM
I love how there's already a line at Shake Shack.

I love less seeing the same cottony, tasteless bagels wrapped in Saran Wrap at the SC.

Good NY food vs. bad NY food.
Old May 24, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Let's compare the new T4 SC against the VS Clubhouse. This is interesting because the latter provides complimentary premium (not "premium") liquor and complimentary meal service. Of course, access is restricted to paid J and Gold Tier (4 J r/t in a year or 10 cheap Y r/t), but there is talk of "reciprocal access" when the coordinated operations start.
Old May 24, 2013, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold, JetBlue, Marriott Silver, Hilton Honors
Landing at T4 in 90 minutes and looking forward to enjoying my favorite beverage on the SkyDeck...a cold Miller Lite.
Old May 24, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
At the SkyClub... it's great but really just a supersized SkyClub like you would find at LAX.

First off, my wife took a shower; hot water wasn't working so she ended up having to take a lukewarm shower. I guess that's a bit disappointing for her. She said that the club also didn't have hair dryers so she didn't bother washing her hair. If the Delta reps are reading, I suppose hair dryers for women wouldn't be a bad idea for women. Overall though, my wife said she liked the shower room and from pictures, it doesn't seem all that different from the LAX SkyClub shower.

The SkyDeck is going to be fantastic. It's a rainy day on the opening so no one is out there but on a sunny day, I can see myself sitting around with a cold one just watching the planes take off. Hats off to Delta for getting this done. It's also eerily quiet except for the sound of jet engines which is a welcome change from that constant humming of noise within the terminal.

We also ate at the "restaurant" in the SkyClub in front of the bar. They use iPads as menus but give you a traditional check at the end of the meal like at a normal resturant. Unfortunately, they ran out of the sushi and the California rolls so we ended up ordering the turkey panini. It was good and surprisingly big. It was $14, so not too bad considering the size. I also ordered the house wine and the waiter said they had a pinot noir; turns out it was from the Luxury Bar so it was $9 but it was really good so can't complain. The waiter was fantastic and attentive.

You can also order from an iPad and take a GPS outfitted receiver, similar to those things you get at a restaurant when you put your name down. Apparently, when the food is ready, they track you down within the club and serve you food. That way, you're not sitting at the restaurant and don't have to wait for a check.

Food and drinks that are complimentary are like the rest of the clubs. Blue Moon, Brooklyn Lager, and another beer are now $3. I suppose they changed that; I was in the LAX SkyClub two weeks ago and a local draft was no charge.

Overall the club has plenty of seating and outlets everywhere. There are great expansive views of the airfield as well. Much improvement from the T3 and T2 SkyClub, except for having to pay for some of the local beers now... but we've all complained about that for a while now =).
Old May 24, 2013, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold, JetBlue, Marriott Silver, Hilton Honors
The taxi line at T4 is ridiculously long right now. It wrap arounds six times and each lane is 30 yards. But it's indoors.
Old May 24, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL GE
Anyone smoking on the sky deck? haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.