Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL "Business" Class on 757 Intra Asia/Pacific

Old May 16, 13, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr

I'm wondering what Business Class actually means on a 757 from NRT to GUM. I know DL has lots of 757 flights to many Asia/Pacific destinations from NRT. The website lists the front cabin as Business, but I'm wondering, is it closer in experience to domestic FC or actual BE, or something in between?

I've searched this forum and trip reports here & on another site and can't find definitive info.
Old May 16, 13, 10:56 am

Programs: DL PM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Tit
Similar for Business US to Mex, and Caribbean -> domestic FC
Old May 16, 13, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME it's like domestic FC in a 757 with limited AVOD and slightly better F&B than domestic FC, but nothing close to F&B served in BE on TPAC or TATL.
Old May 16, 13, 11:37 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
IME it's like domestic FC in a 757 with limited AVOD and slightly better F&B than domestic FC, but nothing close to F&B served in BE on TPAC or TATL.
Curious: what does "slightly better F&B" entail? Does DL actually have a distinct service plan for these flights or is it just different because of the base?
Old May 16, 13, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Dinner will not have all the courses or the interesting large salads of BE meals.

Wine will have fewer choices and not the same wine as in genuine BE long haul, but it seems to be different and of slightly higher quality than domestic FC wine.

Breakfast IME had two hot choices, of which one was Asian. It seemed like the same amount of food as a BE breakfast.

If there's a printed menu, it will not be the folded booklet type as in BE.
Old May 16, 13, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
Curious: what does "slightly better F&B" entail? Does DL actually have a distinct service plan for these flights or is it just different because of the base?
Food is selection is just the same as the rest of NRT's Asia bound flights.

This is what I got on the evening NRT-GUM flight last February:

(Tasted better than it looks)

And for GUM-NRT:

I usually like the intra-asia meals out of NRT. YMMV
Old May 16, 13, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I've flown that NRT-GUM fairly recently... it is a standard domestic F configured plane. No extra recline or anything. They used to use the old NWA style intra-asia configured equip which had more legroom and mechanical recliners but those are long gone. Even saw a 333 on this route last summer but that seems to be gone also.

Note that the food/bev offerings are better than domestic F but not like full BE. Menu for choice of meal, BE blanket and pillow, but no amenity kit. They had a subset of the tpac wines and also sake, desert wine, and port.

See above post for good pics... the food quality is noticeably better than domestic.
Old May 16, 13, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ricardobtg View Post
Food is selection is just the same as the rest of NRT's Asia bound flights.

This is what I got on the evening NRT-GUM flight last February:

(Tasted better than it looks)

And for GUM-NRT:

I usually like the intra-asia meals out of NRT. YMMV
OK, that's encouraging at least. We're actually flying NRT-GUM in August, hence my interest in this. Food actually does look appetizing to me... Does that make me strange?

Last edited by gsupstate; May 16, 13 at 12:39 pm
Old May 16, 13, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
I flew BE NRT-GUM and vv in March. The overhead monitors were hard to see for the movie, but it's only a four hour flight anyway. Both flights were very light in BE; the GUM-NRT flight, I was the only person in the front cabin. The food was good (though, like others say, not "full" BE), and since the BE load was so light, they offered me both entrees (I declined).

Be aware that the "Sagan Bisita" lounge only opens a couple hours before departure.

Enjoy your time on Guam.
Old May 16, 13, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And that lounge in GUM has a better drink selection than the skyclub now
Old May 16, 13, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan View Post
And that lounge in GUM has a better drink selection than the skyclub now
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR View Post
Be aware that the "Sagan Bisita" lounge only opens a couple hours before departure.

Enjoy your time on Guam.
Do Skyclub members have free access to that club (I'm assuming it's at GUM)?
Old May 16, 13, 5:04 pm

I know that DL is reconsidering its "south" flying out of NRT. The ICN based FAs will no longer exist after this month. Apparently, those routes aren't as profitable as they once were. The Asian FAs are worried if their base will be the next one to close.

I guess more cities are being considered being served non-stop from the U.S.
Old May 16, 13, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've only flown through on a BE ticket so always had access. If I search for that lounge on the DL skyclub locator, it shows that skyclub members are not eligible. ST Elite or BE pax get admission.

When you check in at the ticket counter they give a pass to get in the lounge.
Old May 16, 13, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWAFA View Post
I know that DL is reconsidering its "south" flying out of NRT. The ICN based FAs will no longer exist after this month. Apparently, those routes aren't as profitable as they once were. The Asian FAs are worried if their base will be the next one to close.

Wow, DL is already quite weak for 'south' out of NRT with 1 flight a day to some locations, and others limited to 2x/wk such as ROR, while UA has a lot of options.

Adding directs and killing some routes like the NRT-ICN is going to reduce traffic load through NRT.
Old May 16, 13, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NWAFA View Post

They don't fly much south out of NRT in the first place. BKK, ICN, and SIN come to mind. But anything else..?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: