FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   EC Bulkheads on the 74S (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1467034-ec-bulkheads-74s.html)

HongKonger May 14, 2013 9:58 am

EC Bulkheads on the 74S

Hi all, I searched the 74S mod thread, the EC FAQ thread and the 74S-specific thread but can't find this info. FT's search feature is poor.

I see a lot of commentary on the unlimited legroom of 22C/H, but not much on the legroom of the other bulkhead seats 22ABJK and 24 DEFG.

Can anyone comment?

rwoman, if I've just missed it due to bad searching and you end up posting a link to some previous poster who answered my question exactly... sorry/thanks in advance. :)

DL2SXM May 14, 2013 10:13 am

It looks like your looking for specific information in regards to row 22, seat A/B/C on the 74S. As you mentioned, this is the bulkhead on the jumbojet. I had the pleasure of sitting in 22A from NRT to JFK last month. Loved it. No issues whatsoever. Loved the leg room. As often as I get up, I was never a bother to the people sitting in seat B and C. The seat was very comfortable and the view afforded views of the front of the wing. Overall, it was a very pleasurable experience and would not hesitate to choose this seat again. It made the 14 hour flight go by painlessly and quickly. Recline was more then generous, and the entertainment system was more then enough for the long haul back to the states.

HongKonger May 14, 2013 10:17 am

Originally Posted by DL2SXM (Post 20749443)
It looks like your looking for specific information in regards to row 22, seat A/B/C on the 74S. As you mentioned, this is the bulkhead on the jumbojet. I had the pleasure of sitting in 22A from NRT to JFK last month. Loved it. No issues whatsoever. Loved the leg room. As often as I get up, I was never a bother to the people sitting in seat B and C. The seat was very comfortable and the view afforded views of the front of the wing. Overall, it was a very pleasurable experience and would not hesitate to choose this seat again. It made the 14 hour flight go by painlessly and quickly. Recline was more then generous, and the entertainment system was more then enough for the long haul back to the states.

Awesome thanks. And anyone know about the legroom in row 24 center bulkhead?

Also are there bassinets in the row 24 center bulkhead or just 22B/J?

DL2SXM May 14, 2013 10:24 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger (Post 20749463)

SG http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del..._747-400_C.php says the legroom is pretty decent, but nothing mentioned about bassinets.

HongKonger May 14, 2013 10:37 am

Originally Posted by DL2SXM (Post 20749508)
SG http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del..._747-400_C.php says the legroom is pretty decent, but nothing mentioned about bassinets.

I've been burned by SG before (it can be out of date) so I tend to check it but then ask as well. Thanks for that though.

G0H0KIES May 14, 2013 11:40 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger (Post 20749463)

Just as good. But people tend to use the center bulkhead to walk across to the lavatory (I know, they shouldn't but some people do and it's hard to argue with them). Yes, bassinets are on 24 center. I know there was no bassinet on 22J, not sure about 22B.

I actually prefer 22A or 22K as you get stepped on and bumped constantly on 22C or 22H. Even though the bathroom on 22HJK side is just for Biz, people will still insist on using it. So on either side, people will stand right in front of your seat and step on you or kick you while waiting for the lavatory or get something from the galley.

But on 22A or 22K, you are isolated enough. I was on 22H once and I never got any sleep due to traffic. To me, 22C and 22H are actually the worse seats in the plane in terms of traffic. So the legroom means nothing when you get stepped on or kicked or seat bumped every so often.

After 22 windows, I would go for 24 aisle as the traffic is less noticeable than 22 aisle.

DL2SXM May 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by G0H0KIES (Post 20749926)
I know there was no bassinet on 22J, not sure about 22B.

I actually prefer 22A or 22K as you get stepped on and bumped constantly on 22C or 22H. .

i can confirm no bassinet in 22A/B/C. 22A is a great seat. Its prob only a matter of time until Delta makes 22A/B/C on the 74S super premium Economy Comfort. We should keep the rave reviews to a minimum. :D

HongKonger May 14, 2013 12:47 pm

For those saying 22 A and K are good seats: I tend to prefer the aisle because of the ease of getting up. Are you saying that it is still easy to get up and out of the row despite being a window seat, because of the extra legroom?

Also, the first post of rwoman's awesome FAQ thread says 22B/J have bassinet attachments. But in this thread people say there aren't. I am going to ask DL.

G0H0KIES May 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger (Post 20750362)
For those saying 22 A and K are good seats: I tend to prefer the aisle because of the ease of getting up. Are you saying that it is still easy to get up and out of the row despite being a window seat, because of the extra legroom?

Also, the first post of rwoman's awesome FAQ thread says 22B/J have bassinet attachments. But in this thread people say there aren't. I am going to ask DL.

Yes, there is enough legroom to get up from the window seats without bother anyone. The legroom is the same but that legroom for the aisle is where people stand while waiting for the lavatory or getting something from the galley.

craig44485 May 15, 2013 5:04 am

Just keep in mind that the armrests do not raise and the tray table is in the armrest. This makes the seat slightly narrower than the other coach seats. If your marginally a POS then you may want to reconsider.

IIRC correctly there are mounts for bassinets in the center bulk head rows. Only actually seen a bassinet once though. Been a while since I flew in Y on a TPAC. Good luck to you and have a nice flight.

DL2SXM May 15, 2013 5:18 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger (Post 20750362)

HK, I had 22A for the NRT to JFK segment last month so the flight is still fresh in my mind and absolutely no trouble at all in getting up to get to the aisle. The extra legroom is such that whoever is sitting in 22B/C do not have to get up when you decide to stretch out or use the lav. From now on, 22A will be my seat of choice when flying on the 74S long haul. No more business class, primarily cause DL priced me out of it!

HongKonger May 15, 2013 7:07 am

Originally Posted by craig44485 (Post 20753952)
Just keep in mind that the armrests do not raise and the tray table is in the armrest. This makes the seat slightly narrower than the other coach seats. If your marginally a POS then you may want to reconsider.

IIRC correctly there are mounts for bassinets in the center bulk head rows. Only actually seen a bassinet once though. Been a while since I flew in Y on a TPAC. Good luck to you and have a nice flight.

Flying for business I go in J, but this time flying with family not expensible so in Y. I hear ya about Y. Not really looking forward to it. None of us is a POS though so immobile arm rests shouldn't be an issue though it would be nicer to be able to move them.

chetdogleash May 15, 2013 8:04 am

I fly the NRT - DTW 74S routinely. I get up for a walkabout many, many times on the flight and select 24G as my seat of choice. It (and 24D) have one of the small overhead bins above it, making it so I can have my own. This facilitates getting stuff in/out since I can leave my work bag open and just clean everything up before landing. I can confirm that there is ample legroom.

KOTAR1988 May 15, 2013 8:24 am

My 2 Cents

Originally Posted by HongKonger (Post 20754363)
Flying for business I go in J, but this time flying with family not expensible so in Y. I hear ya about Y. Not really looking forward to it. None of us is a POS though so immobile arm rests shouldn't be an issue though it would be nicer to be able to move them.

I am just curious.....I am 6'3" and 240 lbs. Would I be considered a POS? I was in 22A on this aircraft in October flying from JFK--->NRT and back. For what its worth this seat was uncomfortable for me. I didn't have the legroom, nor, could I get out to the lavatories without the 2 petite woman getting up next to me. YMMV.

dEagleS May 15, 2013 8:59 am

Originally Posted by KOTAR1988 (Post 20754727)
I am just curious.....I am 6'3" and 240 lbs. Would I be considered a POS? I was in 22A on this aircraft in October flying from JFK--->NRT and back. For what its worth this seat was uncomfortable for me. I didn't have the legroom, nor, could I get out to the lavatories without the 2 petite woman getting up next to me. YMMV.

It really depends on your width. Some people are bigger, but not necessarily wide. Some people are wide...

Was your lack of comfortableness based on the width, or the pitch?