Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amex Delta Platinum Business Card no longer gives Companion Certificates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2013, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Anything CC gives me

I thought the benefit only went away for Gold cards, but my annual fee came due for Delta Plat Business and I saw no certificate. I went to Amex's website and they don't mention it either.

Anyone know more about this?
Old May 11, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
I had one issued 02/22/2013.
Old May 11, 2013, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
I had one issued 02/22/2013.
Do you remember how soon after the statement with annual fee came out did you get the cert? My past experience has always been 1 or 2 after annual fee is billed, I can see the cert in my Delta account. Sometimes I get the cert before the annual is billed even.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by booyaa
Do you remember how soon after the statement with annual fee came out did you get the cert? My past experience has always been 1 or 2 after annual fee is billed, I can see the cert in my Delta account. Sometimes I get the cert before the annual is billed even.
I had to go back & look at when the annual fee was charged, not something I keep track of. In any case, it was billed on the December, 2012 statement. Another certificate had been issued in November, 2012...possibly a glitch, some others on FT discussed this recently...but I'm not saying anything.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
My anniversary date was early March. Was assessed the annual fee on April 2. Received the email and showed up in my DL account last week.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Wow so they are taking their sweet time now...
Old May 11, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL DM
Number of threads on this already. They are now posting the
certificates the month AFTER you are billed the annual fee. It will appear in your account, the next month. They used to post them WHEN they billed
your annual fee.
Old May 11, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
The SO's companion certificate arrived sometime this week w/an expiration of 05/31/2014.
Old May 12, 2013, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Italy98
The SO's companion certificate arrived sometime this week w/an expiration of 05/31/2014.
Yes mine arrived 2 weeks ago - late April 2014 expiration.
Old May 12, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL PM
I happened to notice mine in my wallet - no notification at all.
Old May 13, 2013, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I'm not a Plat Amex holder, but got a promo notice for plat amex. One in mail had no companion cert listed, email version did.
Old May 13, 2013, 2:58 am

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Originally Posted by NYCflip
My anniversary date was early March. Was assessed the annual fee on April 2. Received the email and showed up in my DL account last week.
Same for me. Fee in April. Cert last week. Snail mail notice
Old May 13, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by booyaa
I thought the benefit only went away for Gold cards, but my annual fee came due for Delta Plat Business and I saw no certificate. I went to Amex's website and they don't mention it either.

Anyone know more about this?
Call AmEx, maybe they can expedite it for you. At the very least, they can tell you the status of your cert.
Old May 13, 2013, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Yes mine arrived 2 weeks ago - late April 2014 expiration.
Actually the certificate is electronically in my account and has the expiration date on.
Old May 17, 2013, 8:40 pm

Paid the annal fee for the plat DL card a month or so ago and only got the cert this week. Was easy to use at least. Saved $250 and only stuck in EC for an hour each way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.