Wiki Posts
Search

Confused about codeshare flight

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Confused about codeshare flight

I know I'm a little slow sometimes...Have an award flight JFK-MXP in J coming up in a couple of weeks. AZ's website is less than useless for existing ressies. DL website shows all flights in Z, but can't display seat assignments. My question though, is which airline is ultimately responsible for getting us to MXP? Ticket is a 006, which I think is a DL ticket. If I run into problems with AZ, should I call DL or AZ?
Old May 7, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by dd992emo
Have an award flight JFK-MXP in J coming up in a couple of weeks. AZ's website is less than useless for existing ressies. DL website shows all flights in Z, but can't display seat assignments. My question though, is which airline is ultimately responsible for getting us to MXP? Ticket is a 006, which I think is a DL ticket. If I run into problems with AZ, should I call DL or AZ?
If your flight is on AZ, you need to call AZ for seat assignments. AZ's website doesn't have that functionality...

To see who operates the flight, just check your reservation on Delta. If it's not Delta metal, they have to disclose it.

Edited to note that once AZ gives you seat assignments, you still won't see them on dl.com.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As a very general rule, if you see a low DL flight number, the flight will be operated by DL. High DL flight numbers (over about 3000 for DL) will be either RJs or operated by partners. Either should be indicated on the itinerary as well as during the booking process on delta.dumb. (This is a USA regulation.) For DL, specific ranges of higher numbers mean particular DL Connection carriers, other ranges apply to codeshare partners, and still more (like 99XX) are reserved for special sections and charters.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes you'll need to try to use AZ's website (ugh) or call for correct seat assignments.

Since the ticket was issued by DL on 006 stock, they are ultimately responsible for you getting to MXP. Is this a DL codeshare as well, or an actual AZ flight number?
AZ is initially responsible, but if the flight is canceled for some reason, you'll probably have to go through DL to get rebooked/rerouted.
Old May 7, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Call DL and get the AZ record locator to make your life easier when you call them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.