Wiki Posts
Search

Club Crawl @ JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
Club Crawl @ JFK

My friend and I will land @JFK tomorrow around 6am ish, and our flight to IST won't leave til 5pm. We are just brainstorming about things we could do.. We have the amex plat and will be flying in Biz class, so we will be able to have access to all eight clubs, right? If so, game on!
Old May 1, 2013, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You should have access to all DL SCs, Oasis, any US air lounge if there is one and you can access that terminal (very doubtful), and any additional PP lounges (assuming that you accepted AmEx's offer of the free PP card) that TSA will let you get to. I'm not sure how you count eight. Some lounges will not be open during the entire period you are at JFK.
Old May 1, 2013, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by loves_2_travel
My friend and I will land @JFK tomorrow around 6am ish, and our flight to IST won't leave til 5pm. We are just brainstorming about things we could do.. We have the amex plat and will be flying in Biz class, so we will be able to have access to all eight clubs, right? If so, game on!
If you are going to be there for that long, have you considered going into the city?
Old May 1, 2013, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by Burj
If you are going to be there for that long, have you considered going into the city?
That's what I'd do - 11 hours at any airport, even in lounges, would be too much.
Old May 1, 2013, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Take a shower in each SC that has the facilities?
Old May 1, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
Let me save you the trouble - all SCs @ are JFK are horrible - there are 1000's of threads dedicated to this fact.

Only club that's decent (actually nice in my book) is the Oasis - which isn't even a SC just an affiliated lounge.

Cmon man hit up the city
Old May 1, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: SQ
You are going to get drunk and bored way too quickly.

Go to the city, do a MR, get a day room at a hotel.....
Old May 1, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rylan
Take a shower in each SC that has the facilities?
If I'm not mistaken, only the T2 SkyClub has showers. The Oasis lounge also has a shower or two located inside the restroom.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
Might consider this, a little south of Houston St?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...view-site.html
Old May 1, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MS02113
If I'm not mistaken, only the T2 SkyClub has showers. The Oasis lounge also has a shower or two located inside the restroom.
I would assume that if there's a shower in one restroom, there's also exactly one shower in the other restroom. For excitement, the OP could try to use all of the showers as well as visit all of the lounges.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by MS02113
Two of the three clubs in Terminal 3 (the ones that bracket the food court, not the one by Gate 6) have showers as well. Only one of these clubs (by Gate 12, which has one shower from what I remember) is open in the morning; the one across from the duty free shop opens in the afternoon.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I would assume that if there's a shower in one restroom, there's also exactly one shower in the other restroom. For excitement, the OP could try to use all of the showers as well as visit all of the lounges.
Yes, I meant to write "each" rather than "the" restroom. Admittedly, I've never been inside the women's restroom to check if it also has a shower.

Originally Posted by mersk862
Two of the three clubs in Terminal 3 (the ones that bracket the food court, not the one by Gate 6) have showers as well. Only one of these clubs (by Gate 12, which has one shower from what I remember) is open in the morning; the one across from the duty free shop opens in the afternoon.
I suppose you're right. I briefly thought that before posting, but then convinced myself that I was confusing the JFK T3 SkyClubs with the old ATL E lounge.
Old May 2, 2013, 7:17 am

Does anyone understand why JFK has so many separate SCs, some of which are very close to each other? If anything, other airport (MSP, MEM, LGA for instance) have been moving toward having fewer (but hoepfully larger) lounges.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does anyone understand why JFK has so many separate SCs, some of which are very close to each other? If anything, other airport (MSP, MEM, LGA for instance) have been moving toward having fewer (but hoepfully larger) lounges.
Probably because they are all pretty small. The two clubs that bookend the food court both tend to be pretty crowded on the TATL push...even on Saturday.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Aside from capacity, one of the reasons that there are multiple clubs is that at one point, some were Crown Rooms, and some were first/business class lounges (e.g. the lounge by Gate 11).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.