Wiki Posts
Search

Club Crawl @ JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 8:29 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does anyone understand why JFK has so many separate SCs, some of which are very close to each other? If anything, other airport (MSP, MEM, LGA for instance) have been moving toward having fewer (but hoepfully larger) lounges.
Once upon a time when DL had 3-class service at least one of the T3 lounges was a First Class lounge. (As of fairly recently, the last year or so, there were still some very old maps posted publicly in T3 near gate 15 showing this configuration.) And I want to say there might once have been a distinction between Business Class Lounge and Crown Room Club? But I could be making that part up.

BTW, for the OP, if you do want to go into the city, I believe there is a baggage storage facility somewhere in the landside lobby of Terminal 4 (at least there was as of a few years ago).

There is absolutely no way to get into T1 while flying Delta metal so forget about the SkyTeam lounges there. You're stuck at the 4 Sky Clubs and the Oasis Lounge (note that with the Amex Plat Priority Pass card each guest at the Oasis lounge costs $27; up to 2 guests are free at the Sky Clubs).
Old May 2, 2013, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Might as well at least visit the T3 lounges before they go away when the saucer section closes. If you're lucky it'll be raining so you can watch the waterfall from the ceilings in T3
Soon all that will be left are the T2 SC upstairs and the T4 SC and Oasis lounges... but maybe T2 will become less of a zoo with the removal of the RJ octopus mess.
Old May 2, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by rylan
Might as well at least visit the T3 lounges before they go away when the saucer section closes. If you're lucky it'll be raining so you can watch the waterfall from the ceilings in T3
Soon all that will be left are the T2 SC upstairs and the T4 SC and Oasis lounges... but maybe T2 will become less of a zoo with the removal of the RJ octopus mess.
I strongly suspect that we will lose access to Oasis once the Skyclub opens.
Old May 2, 2013, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That would really be a bummer since I have a feeling that SC is going to be packed.
Old May 2, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I strongly suspect that we will lose access to Oasis once the Skyclub opens.

Right, score one for you!

Others (including myself) have called this out before and I think it's inevitable that SC members will lose Oasis access soon.

With so many DL pax moving over to T4, Oasis won't have the capacity to hold all of DL pax. And DL will certainly stop paying Oasis for access since they will have this fabulous, new, spacious T4 sky club/deck!

I'm flying out of T4 on May 10th and I plan on arriving early so I can spend some quality hours in Oasis before our privileges end. Sad face!
Old May 2, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rylan
...but maybe T2 will become less of a zoo with the removal of the RJ octopus mess.
Unfortunately, the T2 RJ octopus should be sticking around until summer 2015, when phase II of the T4 expansion will be completed. Not sure how or why the construction could take over two years, but I digress.
Old May 2, 2013, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
Thanks y'all! We took a glorious nap and now ready to go take on oasis. However some security dude told us they prob wont let us into T4 as our gate isn't there.. Well, we shall see..
Old May 2, 2013, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh blech, nevermind then. T2 SC is going to remain a packed mess for another 2 years then.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: DL DM, MM
I must be the only person who thinks the Oasis is a dump. Perhaps folks love it because they serve semi-real food.

Call me crazy but I prefer the T2 or T3 Skyclubs.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably because of the food offerings, and decent booze selection. T2 wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't packed every time I've been in there. T3 ones are small and 'cozy' so that isn't necessarily bad, however the one by gate 12 is in pretty poor condition for furnitire and whats left of the carpet.
Old May 2, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Why would anyone want to spend MORE time in an airport lounge? These are not night clubs, it's not Studio 54. DL clubs are crap & the Oasis is a crowded hared lounge (KLM) - the rest are past security in other terminals and if you had a chance if the TSA letting you thru, that's gone now with today's shooting at the TSA check point in IAH. GO INTO NYC,!!!!
Old May 2, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by colerc
Once upon a time when DL had 3-class service at least one of the T3 lounges was a First Class lounge. (As of fairly recently, the last year or so, there were still some very old maps posted publicly in T3 near gate 15 showing this configuration.) And I want to say there might once have been a distinction between Business Class Lounge and Crown Room Club? But I could be making that part up.
Till a few years ago, the BE lounge at JFK was separate from the CRC. One was allowed use of these "superior" lounges even while flying transcon BE.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Oasis is Priority Pass so we can get in that way if DL drops access with SC memberships, BE tickets, etc., although if it counts as a SkyTeam lounge, GM+ can enter on international itineraries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.