Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New SDC is Guaranteed to be a Big Mess...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:11 am
Original Poster

I just spoke with a Plat CSR to inquire about the new SDC. She did not even know that the free SDC for Gold, Plat, and Diamond medallions had a 3 hour window that was after AND BEFORE the original ticketed departure time. She was adamant that it was not both 3 hours before and after original ticketed departure time. With my help, she was able to see what Delta announced on their website (that it is indeed 3 hours before and after). She then said she would contact IT to have them fix the problem, because she said her internal Delta screen did not provide that information.

If Delta's very own CSR's don't know the rules....this means problems. The CSR was very clear that this is the 1st day of the new rules and minor problems are going to exist. That has merit. But, I contend that this is a MAJOR change, and it is quite complicated. If Delta's very own employees are not clear on the changes, then this is going to be chaos. I suspect passengers will waste countless time debating what they can/cannot SDC oer the phone with CRS agents, and we will all get different answers (and results). Let the drama begin!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Account Suspended

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 23, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
The other major problem: In the thread on here started by DwayneSkyMiles, we were informed (by an OFFICIAL DL REP) that tickets purchased prior to today would be honored under the old SDC terms. Yet it sounds like passengers are already having difficulty in that department with agents enforcing the new rules (in fairness, the website does say the policy in effect the day of travel will be used, but again - this is contradictory to what an official DL rep said on here, which sadly brings in the question of credibility of the reps on this forum).

Let the drama begin!
"Drama" is far too nice of a word for the show that's about to ensue.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by LBJ
So SDC online or w/kiosk, no need to go through an agent.
Not really an option if you are not already at the airport or don't have access to your laptop or tablet....
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
The other major problem: ... again - this is contradictory to what an official DL rep said on here, which sadly brings in the question of credibility of the reps on this forum. ...
more accurately, and equally sadly, it seems to call into question the credibility of anyone in any capacity who purports to speak for the airline on any matter (and particularly on any matter related to the SkyMiles program)
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LBJ
So SDC online or w/kiosk, no need to go through an agent. Don't understand why people insist on making life more difficult for themselves.
Because often if you have any sort of complicated itinerary you cannot SDC online. Even with a basic itin I've gotten website errors or the flights I wanted showed up but would not work until I called.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been afraid to attempt to change flights on line because there have been reports of delta.dumb canceling reservations when you just try to check your options.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
So SDC online or w/kiosk, no need to go through an agent. Don't understand why people insist on making life more difficult for themselves.
My experience is that SDC options online are very limited and at the kiosk even more so.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The mysteriously canceled flights is also one of the reasons I rarely use it online.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by LBJ
That carries a very real risk of the ticket being voided and all flights being gone from it. Too risky to do it on the broken dullta.com where doing any changes online, or even just searching for it, has a high chance of nuking your ticket, with no notification and no refund.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've been afraid to attempt to change flights on line because there have been reports of delta.dumb canceling reservations when you just try to check your options.
It generally happens with non-DL flights, and esp. (almost certainly) in case where you have flights on an airline that DL doesn't allow you to search or book online. It is not so frequent with DL flights, though that is also known to happen, but sometimes at least not nuking your whole ticket and just some segments (e.g. if XXX-ATL is cancelled and you try to rebook online to get on an earlier flight to make your ATL-ZZZ connection, no such options are given, it'll just automaticaly remove that segment and only allow you to reboot ATL-ZZZ, expecting you to teleport to the center of the universe, ATL, on your own).
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: DL DM
not working on website. Plenty of flights showing E9 on expert flyer within 3 hours and it is saying no flights exist. Will not even permit standby.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
Originally Posted by rylan
The mysteriously canceled flights is also one of the reasons I rarely use it online.
This happened to me. The agent wasn't able to get me back on my ATL-LAX leg afterwards either. I was rebooked F on the next one with BE so I wasn't too bent out of shape.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
you need to let this go LBJ. you've posted this rant on more than one thread and it's completely asinine.

first of all, DL.dumb rarely lets you SDC online. I've never gotten it to work though I know others have.

Second, what if you're already at the airport or don't have access to your PC or tablet? Only option is to call.

It's perfectly reasonable for a medallion pax to call the medallion line and get SDC completed with CSR's knowing the rules. 1st day of new rules or not I don't care. If DL expectx us to adapt to new rules with 2 weeks notice they can train CSR's in 2 weeks with information on the new rules.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mridley2
If DL expectx us to adapt to new rules with 2 weeks notice they can train CSR's in 2 weeks with information on the new rules.
HAHAHAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh! They've had years to train agents on how to apply SWUs properly, and the vast majority still don't have a clue!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.