Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
It's easy to remove drinks from the lounge but very difficult to on board.
I would think the opposite would be true. Wouldn't someone notice you take a 750ml out of the club? ...or a rocks glass?

On the plane, you get a tiny bottle, which could be easily concealed if one were so inclined.

Personally, I don't see the logic there though. If I'm stuck on a plane, and alcohol is offered, I'm certainly not going to wait for a later time to drink it. As the saying goes, no time like the present.
Old May 1, 2013, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I am getting mixed info from the clubs... but the common theme is that change is coming.
Old May 1, 2013, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I am getting mixed info from the clubs... but the common theme is that change is coming.
Is this what we are going to see next time in A17?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...uTOtjkpLMfBZWh
Old May 1, 2013, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Exciting reinvented enhancements is what I think you meant..
Old May 1, 2013, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Is this what we are going to see next time in A17?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...uTOtjkpLMfBZWh
I hope they'd at least splurge on Midnight Moon. Some of their products are actually kinda good.

-J.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: SQ
This is potentially a bigger issue than the implementation of MQDs
Old May 3, 2013, 6:00 am

Programs: Delta PM, USA GP, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Was in the club in B last night in ATL and the bartenders confirmed the switch to Gordon's based on an employee memo. There was also mention of "premium beer" coming soon that will have additional costs.
Old May 3, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by chrisw73
and the bartenders confirmed the switch to Gordon's based on an employee memo.

How cheap can DL possibly get?
Old May 3, 2013, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I think we all saw it coming... Let everyone with a credit card in, slowly get them used to paying, and then drop the quality of the " free" stuff to further drive people to pay or not drink... Turning a customer retention tool into a profit center... I bet that would have been a neat " look at me" project in biz school...
AkA JtTI product enhancements ...
Old May 3, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: DL-PM
Hmm... I don't mind terribly the switch to Gordon's... Tanqueray (not T10, which I don't care for) is my staple, but you'll find Gordon's as the standard for most pubs in London, and it is a decent, albeit not fancy gin. Actually, I would prefer Gordon's to Sapphire...

I'll miss the single malt... why oh whyyyyy?

Oh well...
Old May 3, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have never had Gordon's (or heard of it before this thread).

The only alcohol I drink at a SC is Bailey's and the Sky Vodka. How do Gordon's products of those two offerings compare to Baileys and Sky?

I remember the EWR WC used to have an off brand irish cream instead of Bailey's that was awful!

Hopefully Gordon's isn't like Boone or Crystal Palace or I am not renewing my membership
Old May 3, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hamm's, Boone's Farm, and Mr. Boston. Not really looking forward to reliving my college life as I turn 50!
Old May 6, 2013, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
I would think the opposite would be true. Wouldn't someone notice you take a 750ml out of the club? ...or a rocks glass?

On the plane, you get a tiny bottle, which could be easily concealed if one were so inclined.

Personally, I don't see the logic there though. If I'm stuck on a plane, and alcohol is offered, I'm certainly not going to wait for a later time to drink it. As the saying goes, no time like the present.
Hiding the beverage in an opaque container and taking it out is, though.
(I have seen this with my own eyes-LAX SC)
Old May 6, 2013, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Hiding the beverage in an opaque container and taking it out is, though.
(I have seen this with my own eyes-LAX SC)
Huh? I guess it never occurred to me to take liquor out on the SC. Perhaps an intervention would be appropriate for those that do this. Obviously, these are not indigents. After all, they can afford access to the SC in the 1st place. That leaves us with either an addiction problem, or compulsive thievery.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I have never had Gordon's (or heard of it before this thread).

The only alcohol I drink at a SC is Bailey's and the Sky Vodka. How do Gordon's products of those two offerings compare to Baileys and Sky?

I remember the EWR WC used to have an off brand irish cream instead of Bailey's that was awful!

Hopefully Gordon's isn't like Boone or Crystal Palace or I am not renewing my membership
Gordon's is not quite that bad. I'd put it a step above Mohawk. Crystal Palace, IMHO, is at least a full flight a stairs down from there. I can remember buying CP on sale at State for $2.95 a 5th. ...and, even at that price, it wasn't worth it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.