Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 2:23 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
Delta Sky Clubs are changing the selection of both complimentary and for-purchase premium alcoholic beverages beginning tomorrow. Complimentary well-known alcohol brands will still be provided at the Club just as they have been.

Altering our complimentary offerings will enable us to expand our portfolio of premium for-purchase products and maintain complimentary spirits, beer and wine as we continue to invest in the overall Club experience. We review our Club offerings periodically so that we are able to make changes based on customer feedback, financial considerations and other factors including the variety of options we offer our members.

The new offerings are comparable to house/well brands in other airport lounges.
  • Complimentary spirits: Vodka - Gordon's; Gin – Gordon’s; Rum - Myers's Platinum; Scotch – Scoresby; Bourbon - Jack Daniel's; Sweet Vermouth - Martini & Rossi; Extra Dry Vermouth - Martini & Rossi.
  • Complimentary beer: Budweiser and Miller Lite
  • Complimentary wine: no changes to current wine offerings
Other brands will be available through our for-purchase options available through our Luxury Bar. Our goal is to offer members quality products and services at reasonable prices that are competitive with other airport lounges while continuing to provide good value for membership.

JACK DANIELS IS NOT BOURBON. WHAT STUPID BEAN COUNTER THINKS IT IS?

I hate to use caps, but that's one of my biggest pet peeves.

As to this whole demotion of spirits you guys just ensured I won't be renewing ever again - you jack the rates and lower the quality of what I can get. Way to go Delta! Southwest is looking better and better these days. If I'm going to ride on Greyhound I may as well experience the whole thing. Guess my future is at the airport bars - I'm sure as hell not going to pay for a drink the same price as the airport bar and then pay to be admitted into a packed club?

You guys need to get a grip on reality with some of these cuts you are making.
Old May 15, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
I've already downgraded my AMEX Reserve card to a regular old AMEX Gold. As a Canadian Club drinker, I'm not going to pay the $450/yr to have a Reserve card, only to have to pay for my drink of choice.

The good thing about this type of "membership" - it is prorated, in the sense that AMEX will refund your fee for the portion of the year that you do not use the card.

Others have lamented the various devaluations to the "DL experience" across the board, and as soon as I qualify as DM for next year (in July) I'm going to status match back to AS and stay there. The number of "enhancements" encountered in the past two years since coming over to DL are simply too great.

Dave
Old May 15, 2013, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by kitkat77
I think this will likely accomplish what Delta wants, then.

If they have to staff/pay based on admissions only, then this will certainly make those go down.

However, the people they will lose will be the paying customers, as only the freebies (international J, STE+, DM) would bother with the lounge. $450 pays for a lot of decent drinks.
Pretty much... As of today, They have done the Franz Kafka job on the Crown Room... What once was a loyalty tool to customers is now a loyalty tool for AMEX... I am fortunate I guess that buying a few drinks at an airport will not kill me, but out principle, I can not let myself buy them in the SkyKlub... And I do not want or need to drink enough to drink the rot they are attempting to pass off as a reward for flying them every week the last 2 decades.... It is really pretty disconcerting, especially in context with the other exciting enhancements the last few years, but not surprising... You got us back Delta...
Old May 15, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by bennos
I don't understand why everyone is complaining. Clearly this move is intended to reduce overcrowding in the clubs.

PS: Budweiser and Miller Lite... bwahahahahahahahaha
I'm surprised that non-lite selection isn't Pabst Blue Ribbon; although all 3 are beer-like products that are sure to please the NASCAR crowd.
Old May 15, 2013, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Just another step in Delta's "Death by 1000 cuts" program.
Old May 15, 2013, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sabai
I'm surprised that non-lite selection isn't Pabst Blue Ribbon; although all 3 are beer-like products that are sure to please the NASCAR crowd.
PBR is hipster beer now... If you throw a rock in little 5 points you will most likely hit a guy with a long beard wearing a socially conscious tee shirt and holding a bottle of PBR... NASCAR is not ironic for them quite yet.... But I do enjoy throwing rocks at them none the less...
Old May 15, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
But I do enjoy throwing rocks at them none the less...
Now THAT'S funny!
Old May 15, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL GM
I love my PBR, but then again I'm usually wearing a helmet when I drink it.

I too just wrote DL a note requesting to cancel my multi-year membership and receive a prorated refund. (I previously thought it was a good idea to buy it before they raised the membership rates this year.) For the same reasons discussed previously in this thread the Sky Club is now basically useless to me too. Internet speed is even worse than most hotels, there's no place to work productively, the clubs are getting more crowded, and now this with the cheap beer and booze. I'm outta there.
Old May 15, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Still have Jack Daniels... no problem.
Old May 15, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by jfulcher
JACK DANIELS IS NOT BOURBON. WHAT STUPID BEAN COUNTER THINKS IT IS?

I hate to use caps, but that's one of my biggest pet peeves.
Calm down. Yes, we all know it's a Sour Mash, but it's pretty close to Bourbon. Stop.
Old May 15, 2013, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WWGuy
I love my PBR, but then again I'm usually wearing a helmet when I drink it.

I too just wrote DL a note requesting to cancel my multi-year membership and receive a prorated refund. (I previously thought it was a good idea to buy it before they raised the membership rates this year.) For the same reasons discussed previously in this thread the Sky Club is now basically useless to me too. Internet speed is even worse than most hotels, there's no place to work productively, the clubs are getting more crowded, and now this with the cheap beer and booze. I'm outta there.
What kind of helmet? Viking?
Old May 15, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Provisioning for the planes, at least in ATL is provided by Gate Gourmet. As long as DL has a contract with them, they will get the liquid provided under Gate Gourmet's supplier agreements. At least this is what I'm hearing...for now...
Old May 15, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
  • Complimentary spirits: Vodka - Gordon's; Gin – Gordon’s; Rum - Myers's Platinum; Scotch – Scoresby; Bourbon - Jack Daniel's; Sweet Vermouth - Martini & Rossi; Extra Dry Vermouth - Martini & Rossi.
Other brands will be available through our for-purchase options available through our Luxury Bar. Our goal is to offer members quality products and services at reasonable prices that are competitive with other airport lounges while continuing to provide good value for membership.
I paid around $5000 for this???!!!
Talk about bait and switch for those with lifetime memberships.

I would like a pro-rated refund of my membership!
Old May 15, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, Marriott
Delta Sky Clubs are changing the selection of both complimentary and for-purchase premium alcoholic beverages beginning tomorrow. Complimentary well-known alcohol brands will still be provided at the Club just as they have been.

Altering our complimentary offerings will enable us to expand our portfolio of premium for-purchase products and maintain complimentary spirits, beer and wine as we continue to invest in the overall Club experience. We review our Club offerings periodically so that we are able to make changes based on customer feedback, financial considerations and other factors including the variety of options we offer our members.

The new offerings are comparable to house/well brands in other airport lounges.
•Complimentary beer: Budweiser and Miller Lite (Basically free water).

This is an insult.....thankfully I'll just be using the new Centurion Lounge at LAS from now on.

These changes are shallow and pedantic.
Old May 15, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
What kind of helmet? Viking?
15th century Manchurian warrior. It makes me feel fierce when I'm pedaling my fixie through midtown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.