PM/DM get invited to TSA PreCheck?

Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles, MileagePlus
PM/DM get invited to TSA PreCheck?

I was told by two different Delta agents at the airport that when I became PM, I'd be invited to TSA PreCheck and could just easily fill out some form online to get access. This is evidently not the case, right? I fly weekly, so it'd be nice to have it.

Is there any way to get invited, without doing any GE/Nexus/other trusted traveler programs (I don't want to pay)?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:03 am

You just make sure your Secure Flight information is filled out in your Delta profile.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
GMs get it too. There doesn't seem to be a specific invitation any more, you just enter the information in your profile and check the box for DL to share it with TSA. Apparently you also need to enter and check the information for any existing tickets. In fact, it's generally a good idea to check that tickets look OK for this as your travel date approaches, but note that you cannot change stuff within 72 hours.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: DL DM
As has been mentioned, no invitation necessary. Just make sure your name and birth date are in your Delta.com profile and then it is the luck of the draw. No guarantees as it is approved on a random basis each time you pass through Pre-TSA. I also heard from some non status people yesterday and they were told they now qualify also, so it appears Delta has opened it up to all travelers who input their information in to Delta.com.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:19 am
Original Poster

So if the info is in there, even without a known traveler number, I just try pre-check and it might work? Can anyone try pre-check and it might work? I thought there was some official "you're eligible for precheck" communication?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:24 am
Original Poster

So to confirm, if my secure flight passenger data is correct, I might get selected for PreCheck? There's nothing else to do?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:26 am

Yes, pretty much.

Save my Secure Flight Passenger Data
This check indicates your consent to store your Secure Flight Passenger Data consistent with our privacy policy. For Delta members, by checking this box, you also consent to Delta Air Lines, Inc. sharing your information with TSA to be considered for TSA Preê at select TSA checkpoints.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mspflyer3
So to confirm, if my secure flight passenger data is correct, I might get selected for PreCheck? There's nothing else to do?
You must also have checked to box to permit DL to share the information with TSA. It also needs to be done at least a couple days before your flight, although I've gotten PreCheck on tickets purchased within that window.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Oh ok, sounds like I could have been going to pre-check for a while now... Oh well!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by mspflyer3
Oh ok, sounds like I could have been going to pre-check for a while now... Oh well!
Based on most people success rate by opting in via the airline by elite status, you probably didnt miss much. *edit* i guess DL, teh higher elite you are you somehow do better which is wierd

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 17, 2013 at 10:43 am
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
I have been getting it since GM a while back. As a PM, I get it almost 100% of the time now.

A side question, does it help or is it required to have a passport number in there? I do and always thought it helped as it was a 'Federal' form of identification for me to be used by the screening process vs. Nexus, Global Entry, etc.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL, SPG
Originally Posted by orr333
I have been getting it since GM a while back. As a PM, I get it almost 100% of the time now.

A side question, does it help or is it required to have a passport number in there? I do and always thought it helped as it was a 'Federal' form of identification for me to be used by the screening process vs. Nexus, Global Entry, etc.
Does not matter about passport #. PreCheck can't be used on an international flight.

GE is a non-state form of ID as it is issued by Customs and Border Control (Federal Program). However, go to the DL precheck thread and you will see there is still debate over using your GE ID as a form of ID...mostly due to uneducated TSA.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by AdamDunn32
Does not matter about passport #. PreCheck can't be used on an international flight.

GE is a non-state form of ID as it is issued by Customs and Border Control (Federal Program). However, go to the DL precheck thread and you will see there is still debate over using your GE ID as a form of ID...mostly due to uneducated TSA.
Interesting...thanks for the intel! ^
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Dia, Marriott Plat
I made Platinum close to the end of last year and have been flying every week into and out of ATL and have yet to have pre-check work. I've seriously considered purchasing Global Entry just to get it, but the problem is that noone can tell me why it's not happening for me.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
i was getting it all the time as PM, qualified for DM last yr around aug and did not receive it once as a DM, so i just paid the 100 for GE. Well worth it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.