Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pleasant Surprise

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Pleasant Surprise

I was flying ATL-IND last Saturday and missed the upgrade by one. So I took my EC aisle bulkhead seat on the A320. Felt quite spacious, actually, and had underseat storage to boot. Possibly the best coach seat on this aircraft.

Anyway, while still at the gate, one of the first class FA's stops at my seat and thanks me for being a Platinum Medallion. Nice touch. Then a little later, in the middle of a baggage loading delay, she comes back and asks what I'd like to drink. CC and Sprite will do fine, thank you! We finally depart about half an hour late and during the flight, following coach beverage service, she stops by again and I ask if she could add some JD to my coke. Sure, no problem! The most pleasant flight that I've had in coach in a long time!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I've been #1 on the list with no seats left a few times JFK-LAX (sitting in EC, of course) and have been amazed by the personal attention received by the FAs on nearly every one of these occasions (e.g., drinks in addition to offering to hang my jacket). It's been my pleasure to write a thank you note afterwards!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:07 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I flew recently CDG/MSP (I think it was), in A333 10H exit row with nobody next to me. The FA who ended up sitting across from me during takeoff, and I had some light discussion about DM "stuff". Shortly after takeoff, she brought me a duvet from J. A realllllly nice touch!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Excellent. Having flown ATL-IND quite often it had a personal feeling for me also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.