Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stc
OP,

Still looking for clarification as to whether it Thursday April 18 or Friday April 19?
Are you talking about the indicator? I know for a fact it's on kiosk-printed bps today.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:26 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sky303
Are you talking about the indicator? I know for a fact it's on kiosk-printed bps today.
Yeah, I was more concerned with print at home boarding passes as it seems daft to wait in a long line at the airport (especially BOS tomorrow). I guess I can try print from home tomorrow morning and then if it doesn't print out try the kiosks if I have time tomorrow evening.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I wonder if this also applies to kiosks that issue multiple airlines' boarding passes. My guess would be no (for now). But, obviously it's just a guess.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:49 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by stc
OP,

Still looking for clarification as to whether it Thursday April 18 or Friday April 19?
We just received an update on the timeline for mobile today. The indicator will be available for the Fly Delta app on Friday, April 26. Sorry for the delay on this part. We know that a lot of you use the app and we're working as quickly as we can to get this one out the door.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
[QUOTE=Rare;20607879]Ah, I see what you mean. No worries. I agree, there's no point in throwing a tantrum!

I think gooselee's idea is perfect. That's one of the strengths of FlyerTalk![/QU

THANKS !

what I don't understand is why is DL even doing this if the bearer can still be denied three beeps ! this will cause a potential backup at the check point because I guarantee you that they will argue with the agent "see it's on my boarding pass" It's Delta's fault !!!!

Bet ya ! Gotta love Delta they do a good job of shooting themselves in the foot all the time.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
[QUOTE=edgewood49;20608899]
Originally Posted by Rare
Ah, I see what you mean. No worries. I agree, there's no point in throwing a tantrum!

I think gooselee's idea is perfect. That's one of the strengths of FlyerTalk![/QU

THANKS !

what I don't understand is why is DL even doing this if the bearer can still be denied three beeps ! this will cause a potential backup at the check point because I guarantee you that they will argue with the agent "see it's on my boarding pass" It's Delta's fault !!!!

Bet ya ! Gotta love Delta they do a good job of shooting themselves in the foot all the time.
Were you just taking credit for my idea?

I can certainly see that scenario happening, especially since many folks with PreCheck don't follow threads here and won't know the difference between what's printed on their BP and what they're actually "cleared" for that day. Every time I fly through someplace with the blue PreCheck signs, there seems to be a gaggle of passengers, many sporting elite tags, scratching their heads and saying to their companions "What's PreCheck? Is that where we go?"

If the indicator is just a signal of eligibility, but not day-of selection, there are going to be plenty of folks who are excited to use this mysterious line, and then frustrated when the TDC or whoever spins them back over to SP or general lanes. ESPECIALLY at some of the stations where even the dedicated PreCheck lanes can form a line.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
^^^

It is bad at LGA. Three people behind me were going to be turned away in the Sky Priority line and they all said "isn't this PreCheck" and were let in. In IAH you scan at the beginning of the line and have to do the walk of shame to the other if no 3 beeps.
ATL gives you the option of checking for the beeps before approaching the PreCheck line. I tried and was surprised to be approved for a domestic flight connecting to international on the same ticket.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
On Thursday, April 19, we’ll add a similar indicator on OCI and mobile boarding passes. The indicators will be available at the start of the check-in window in all formats.
Davetravels upthread said he already got this at the airport. I just checked in for my flights tomorrow and didn't get the indicator on either mobile or online. Checking with a barcode scanner I have the 3 in the code. I guess I can try again online tomorrow morning, but for now it's not working.

Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
We just received an update on the timeline for mobile today. The indicator will be available for the Fly Delta app on Friday, April 26.
It looks like the mobile won't show up tomorrow though...
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Howste
Davetravels upthread said he already got this at the airport. I just checked in for my flights tomorrow and didn't get the indicator on either mobile or online. Checking with a barcode scanner I have the 3 in the code. I guess I can try again online tomorrow morning, but for now it's not working.

It looks like the mobile won't show up tomorrow though...
I think the new thing is supposed to appear during OLCI starting tomorrow, not today. That's why I'm planning to do OLCI tomorrow rather than this evening. It's a late afternoon flight so I don't think I'll be the first test case for OLCI and the boarding pass being recognized at the airport.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:12 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Howste
Davetravels upthread said he already got this at the airport...
As promised, but no big revelation.

Last edited by davetravels; Apr 19, 2013 at 12:24 am
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
just checked in online for my flight tomorrow...indicator showed up.

One small problem....no Precheck at JFK!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
just checked in online for my flight tomorrow...indicator showed up.
I looked at mine from OLCI again. The second one actually does have the indicator. The first one doesn't since SAN doesn't have PreCheck.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles FO
Originally Posted by Howste:20609923

I looked at mine from OLCI again. The second one actually does have the indicator. The first one doesn't since SAN doesn't have PreCheck.
That's odd because of what was in the OP:

"The TSA PreCheck indicator will appear on boarding passes throughout your itinerary whether the airport has TSA PreCheck or not so be sure to verify that the airport is a participating location."
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Useful ^
Old Apr 18, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Works for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.