Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Save Sky Miles II ... if not now, then when?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
I'll do $200.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Just because they claim the right doesn't mean they have the right. It may be that the contract, or that portion of it, is invalid or unenforceable. Zappos, the online shoe retailer, got burned on exactly this point in a recent class action lawsuit.

DL is happy for you to believe they have the power to change anything they want to at any time even after you have made a purchase, but that is not necessarily the case. DL can say 2+2=5, that doesn't mean they're right.
Then challenge them or put up or shut up as they say. It is easy to make such statements behind the key board. Strap on a law suit and lets see how you fare.

At least point to one legal case in the 30 plus years of these programs where some one actually won a case on this very point.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
oooooh I'm sure you all have them hiding in the corner now.......

The only folks who need to grow up around are those those that do not understand basic business concepts and want to whine about every little thing.......
I don't understand whatever business concepts you talked about. But I do understand the following:

(1) If a product has been broken for years, the company should fix it, and reasonably compensate those that were inconvenienced because of the broken product. DL didn't even do the first.
(2) An airline shouldn't change its award chart with no notice.

Tell me why I'm wrong.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by blug
I don't understand whatever business concepts you talked about. But I do understand the following:

(1) If a product has been broken for years, the company should fix it, and reasonably compensate those that were inconvenienced because of the broken product. DL didn't even do the first.
(2) An airline shouldn't change its award chart with no notice.

Tell me why I'm wrong.
No.....you tell me what you are going to do about it other than hiding behind a keyboard. Much easier to just post isn't? That has been the point of my post.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:23 am

Then challenge them or put up or shut up as they say. It is easy to make such statements behind the key board. Strap on a law suit and lets see how you fare.

At least point to one legal case in the 30 plus years of these programs where some one actually won a case on this very point.
Again, who said it is illegal?

What DL does is totally legal, and what StayingHomeIsBetter proposes is totally legal, too. Laws are irrelevant here. Why is it hard to understand?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:26 am

No.....you tell me what you are going to do about it other than hiding behind a keyboard. Much easier to just post isn't? That has been the point of my post.
Exactly as StayingHomeIsBetter proposed: make it more widely known what DL has done. We'll be (or I hope we'll be) completely factual. No exaggeration, no subjectivity. Let the public decide whether what DL did is reasonable or not. If everyone thinks DL is reasonable, we'll accept and move on.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:27 am

Try to focus.......

You did the read the quoted portion on the post, no? What does class action lawsuit mean to you?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta Million Miler and Diamond, HHonors Diamond

What DL does is totally legal, and what StayingHomeIsBetter proposes is totally legal, too. Laws are irrelevant here. Why is it hard to understand?
I tend to agree - when everyone signed the enrollment form, with his/her own hand (or keyboard) there was (perhaps still is) a statement along the lines of "Delta reserves the right to change/amend these terms and conditions at its sole discretion, with or without notice" (sorry if the quote is not accurate).

I believe frequent flyers should cherish what they have for now, even shrinking benefits, because the frequent flyer programs (read: one of the few kickbacks still existing in the travel industry) are slowly dying... With the consolidation in the industry, and fewer planes and seats, the reward would simply become finding a seat on any plane on the desired routing.

C.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Just because they claim the right doesn't mean they have the right. It may be that the contract, or that portion of it, is invalid or unenforceable. Zappos, the online shoe retailer, got burned on exactly this point in a recent class action lawsuit.

DL is happy for you to believe they have the power to change anything they want to at any time even after you have made a purchase, but that is not necessarily the case. DL can say 2+2=5, that doesn't mean they're right.

I have no skin in the SDC game. My tickets are all international. Therefore I can't be a plaintiff.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I have no skin in the SDC game. My tickets are all international. Therefore I can't be a plaintiff.
You do know, don't you, that you can SDC after international segments have been flown?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Yes but when on domestic segments I always have my return to Asia still to be flown. Not same day but they are still on the PNR. I've not tried to SDC in that situation and I'm not sure if it's allowed.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Let's focus on discussing how we can bring enough pressure on DL management to get some of these customer-hostile policies reversed.

When DL management sees us bickering amongst ourselves, it can only be seen as a positive on Virginia Ave.

So, if tempted to respond to some of the diversionary posts here, remember:

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 14, 2013 at 3:32 pm Reason: No need to refer to “trolls” — focus on the issue at hand instead.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
All cry wolf but when the times comes to get your hands dirty only a few will fight on.

DL FT people are USELESS.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter;20590069......
ask yourself why they are trying to dissuade you from standing up for yourself and the FF community. They have been trying for far too long to prevent us from taking a stand on issues like this.
lol....just the opposite. Just trying to see who IS willing to stand up for themselves rather than hiding behind the keyboard calling other member names and posting the same complaints over and over and over again.

So far the list is zero.......

Think about it.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 10:52 am

Fair enough. Cite a case please. And if you can't (and you will not) pick one of the laundry list in the first post and sue 'em. Surely one of those gives you some skin in the game.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Apr 14, 2013 at 11:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.