Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Reserve 15K MQMs automatically applied before 60 days?

Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Earned my first set of 15K MQMs approx 30 days ago (judging by when the 15K RDMs posted to my account). Earned my second set 2 days ago. Just logged in to my DL account and saw both sets of 15K MQMs automatically applied as "keep" to my account. Is this normal? I thought you had 60 days to decide whether to gift or keep?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:50 am
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
Originally Posted by HikerT
Earned my first set of 15K MQMs approx 30 days ago (judging by when the 15K RDMs posted to my account). Earned my second set 2 days ago. Just logged in to my DL account and saw both sets of 15K MQMs automatically applied as "keep" to my account. Is this normal? I thought you had 60 days to decide whether to gift or keep?
Are you certain they are MQM's? You also are credited15,000 non-MQM's when you reach each level, these post automatically. For MQM's you have to elect where to deposit them here: https://www.delta.com/deltareservemqm/mbrLanding.action
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Yes they are MQMs. My YTD total MQMs are 30K higher than yesterday. I see the 15K bonus RDMs as well (as noted above 15K posted 1 month ago and 2 days ago). I thought I would have 60 days to keep/gift the MQMs from the date the RDMs posted. At least that's how it worked last year.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I hope this is not a new DL "enhancement" and that it's just a delta.dumb IT error. From my Reserve card I usually gift 15k MQMs to my wife & keep 15k MQMs for myself AFTER MAKING AN ELECTION each time. If you wanted to gift 15k of the MQMs I would call DL right away and resolve the problem - it might just be a programming error related to spending $60k in such a short period.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Probably a glitch. I was debating whether to gift them, but pretty sure I will keep them. I'm tempted to go the gift/keep screen and make a selection. Maybe that would net another 30K MQM, lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.