Search

The row behind EC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
The row behind EC

I couldn't find this in the FAQ thread.

Does anyone know what the legroom situation is on the row behind EC? I know EC seats lean more, so I assume the row behind EC has slightly more pitch than a regular Y seat?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL PM
Nope.

No more pitch and the EC seats do lean much farther back. Just sat 7A on a thankfully short A320 hop. 6A leaned her seat back and it was waaay close. No way to open my computer at all.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:51 pm

EC only reclines more on international flights, so it shouldn't be a problem domestically.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by generaltao
Does anyone know what the legroom situation is on the row behind EC? I know EC seats lean more, so I assume the row behind EC has slightly more pitch than a regular Y seat?
Back when international EC was introduced, a few of us tested this out. It apparently varies by aircraft. The 772 row behind EC did not have improved pitch, but others reported more pitch on different aircraft.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
was discussing this yesterday with my seat mate. He said he had to book a last minute international in coach (new company policy) and only row available was the one after EC. He said it was absolutely horrible as the increase recline of the pax in front literally crushed his knees because there was no added legroom.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by generaltao
I couldn't find this in the FAQ thread.

From the FAQ, Post #1, just under my intro and the KLM threads:

NOTE:

1. The bulkhead seats often have a significant amount leg room (other than the 764). These are narrower as the tray table and/or IFE unit are in the arm rests. The arm rests do not move which, coupled with a smaller seat, can be uncomfortable for larger pax.

2. The first row of regular economy seating after EC IS NOT recommended. The last row of EC has the EC recline and members have reported that there's no extra space between this row and the first row of regular Y.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Woman On My Flight Was Upset at Seat 8A

I was on an LAS-MEM segment yesterday afternoon in EC and overhead the following exchange between a female pax and an FA.

PAX: I'm supposed to be in F

FA: Your boarding pass says 8A

PAX: I thought 8A was in first class. I paid for first class.

FA: F is full; there's nothing I can do; you should contact delta.com when we land.

I'm not sure whether she was a DYKWIA or simply clueless.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by mikepa
EC only reclines more on international flights, so it shouldn't be a problem domestically.
Domestically, the 75E (used for transcons, certain flights to/from HNL, and certain other routes) also features extra recline in EC.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ND76
I was on an LAS-MEM segment yesterday afternoon in EC and overhead the following exchange between a female pax and an FA.

PAX: I'm supposed to be in F

FA: Your boarding pass says 8A

PAX: I thought 8A was in first class. I paid for first class.

FA: F is full; there's nothing I can do; you should contact delta.com when we land.

I'm not sure whether she was a DYKWIA or simply clueless.
This is happening more and more when they buy an up fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.