Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate rewards- published fare?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2013, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Ultimate rewards- published fare?

I want to book a delta flight with my chase saph preferred ultimate rewards points. Has anyone booked With these since the "unpublished fares" fiasco? All information I've found sounds like it's booked like a normal ticket bought with cash but the only reason I'm using the UR points vs just using sky miles is so I can earn MQMs.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Other reports have said it books and posts like a normal cash paid ticket. I don't recall anyone saying they only earned the reduced unpublished fare rate.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
I haven't spent my UR points on a flight ticket yet, but I did use my Chase Amazon Visa points to buy one. My ticket posted full MQMs just like a paid ticket. The receipt had a full-cost price on it and looked just like what I would expect had I paid with a credit card. I would assume the UR points redemption is similar.

FWIW, you can always ask the agent when you are booking if it is a "published fare." The Chase people knew exactly what I meant when I did that, and they confirmed that they do book published fares for CC rewards redemption.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Do you book these over the phone with an agent? Figured you just do it online.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by stils
Do you book these over the phone with an agent? Figured you just do it online.
You have to call in for the Amazon card (plus, I wanted to book into K fares so I could upgrade with miles). For regular UR redemption, I think you can just do it online.

This thread will probably get bumped to the CC forum, so you might get some more helpful responses there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.