Wiki Posts
Search

Miles from Virgin Australia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, AMEX Reserve
Miles from Virgin Australia

I flew five segments on Virgin Australia last week and none of the flights have as yet posted to my delta account. I made sure Virgin had my Delta FF # on the record. How long should I wait before I call in? I saved my boarding passes.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Give it another week. Partner flights can take a little while to post. If you don't see them post within two weeks, then I would write in to request the credit.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Kryptonium Medallion, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Ny76
I flew five segments on Virgin Australia last week and none of the flights have as yet posted to my delta account. I made sure Virgin had my Delta FF # on the record. How long should I wait before I call in? I saved my boarding passes.
My experience has been that they take too long to show up. At the 8 day mark after the last leg you took; use the mileage credit request form. You will need a copy of your receipt and your boarding passes. I've had to do this twice. The miles (100%) were in my account within 3-5 days.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I had a similar situation with getting credit for a VAu flight. When I submitted my VAu boarding passes to Delta, they also had my SM#. The ultimate issue for my situation is that they could not find the ticket number. VAu doesn't print ticket number on BP. VAu uses a modern QRL code with all ticket info on BP. Delta can't (won't take the time to) scan to get the info. I got smart and called VAu and was amazed!

Customer services lives!!!

Got a human within 15 seconds and had my ticket number in less than 3 minutes. Thank you Virgin Australia!!!

Sent the ticket number to Delta and got a curt response saying in the future I should have had my SM number attached to the VAu ticket (it was as I mentioned above).

They said 6 to 8 weeks for credit to show. After 3 or 4 weeks I emailed Delta and in a cocky way expressed confidence that given the speed and efficiency of VAu, that i was sure the miles would appear much sooner than 6 to 8 weeks.

The miles were deposited into my account later that day! Also, not sure if I was supposed to get 100% MQMs for RT SYD CNS, but I DID!!!

Thank you Delta!!!

I hope you have a similar outcome!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
VA miles won't post automatically. Look on the Delta site and there will be instructions on how to fax in the correct paperwork. You'll need your boarding passes as well as the purchase receipt for your tickets (a printout from the confirmstion email works).
Old May 29, 2013, 11:43 pm

So I had a DL coded VA flight, do I possibly have to wait that long as well?
Old May 30, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by currentjer
So I had a DL coded VA flight, do I possibly have to wait that long as well?
My last DL coded VA flight posted within a few days.

VA coded VA flights can post as quickly as the "same" day (give or take an international date line) or as slowly as a month (if they post at all). I had a batch of VA domestic/trans-Tasman flights post on April 30 and May 1, some from early in the month and the latest one from April 30.

This has presumably all changed since VA introduced Sabre in January, so we don't have long term experience to go on.
Old May 30, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
I had 2 VA flights in Jan the week after they introduced the change to Sabre (Flew 1-19-13 and 1-29-13) they did not post for 3 months so I had to fax in the boarding passes and e-ticket into DL for them to research and credit my account. They were then posted the following day.... My VA boarding passes had my correct DL # as well as showed my status on them... no clue why the did not post automatically other than the change to Sabre and likely being caught in the transition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.