Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pay with Miles change now EARNS MQM's & RDM's if redeemed for 1st or business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pay with Miles change now EARNS MQM's & RDM's if redeemed for 1st or business class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL DM
Wow, right off of the Pay with Miles page link. I think the OP is correct!

Eligibility:

Program is limited to Basic (not Additional) Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles and Delta Reserve Credit Cardmembers, as well as to Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Cardmembers and Delta Reserve for Business Credit Cardmembers. New Cardmembers and Cardmembers upgrading from another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card product with a U.S. point of sale address in their SkyMiles account are eligible to use Pay with Miles upon receipt of their new Card. Eligible only on Delta and Delta Connection® carrier flights booked at delta.com under the DL code. Flight will be marked as Pay with Miles eligible. Minimum 10,000 miles for redemption. Pay with Miles tickets booked in Economy Class are not eligible for mileage accrual, Medallion Qualification Segments, or Medallion Qualification Miles. Pay with Miles tickets booked in First or Business Class are eligible for mileage accrual, Medallion Qualification Segments, and Medallion Qualification Miles. Pay with Miles tickets are not eligible for Best Fare Guarantee and are not combinable with any other forms of mileage redemption. Medallion Complimentary Upgrades on Pay with Miles tickets is limited to Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion passengers and are subject to availability and may not be eligible on all flights. Refundable fares paid for fully or partially with miles will be refunded in accordance with the Pay with Miles terms and conditions. Redemption requirements may differ based on fare. For terms, conditions, and restrictions, visit delta.com/paywithmiles. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, visit delta.com/memberguide.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by tadair
Wow, right off of the Pay with Miles page link. I think the OP is correct!

Eligibility:

Program is limited to Basic (not Additional) Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles and Delta Reserve Credit Cardmembers, as well as to Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Cardmembers and Delta Reserve for Business Credit Cardmembers. New Cardmembers and Cardmembers upgrading from another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card product with a U.S. point of sale address in their SkyMiles account are eligible to use Pay with Miles upon receipt of their new Card. Eligible only on Delta and Delta Connection® carrier flights booked at delta.com under the DL code. Flight will be marked as Pay with Miles eligible. Minimum 10,000 miles for redemption. Pay with Miles tickets booked in Economy Class are not eligible for mileage accrual, Medallion Qualification Segments, or Medallion Qualification Miles. Pay with Miles tickets booked in First or Business Class are eligible for mileage accrual, Medallion Qualification Segments, and Medallion Qualification Miles. Pay with Miles tickets are not eligible for Best Fare Guarantee and are not combinable with any other forms of mileage redemption. Medallion Complimentary Upgrades on Pay with Miles tickets is limited to Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion passengers and are subject to availability and may not be eligible on all flights. Refundable fares paid for fully or partially with miles will be refunded in accordance with the Pay with Miles terms and conditions. Redemption requirements may differ based on fare. For terms, conditions, and restrictions, visit delta.com/paywithmiles. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, visit delta.com/memberguide.
Are they eligible for MQDs?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Or, DL IT isn't ready to go live yet.
When has that ever stopped them?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I'd be willing to bet tomorrow one of the 'green names' stops in this thread to acknowledge this change (but steadfastedly ignores the threads with less positive topics/responses).
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
When has that ever stopped them?
SOOOO true.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by javabytes
Are they eligible for MQDs?
Since MQD's had not "rolled out" it is hard to say. Keep in mind MQD's is ONLY Delta payment part of the fare. But, in this case we ARE paying so IMO I would say YES but again I have no CORP confirmation on MQD credit nor do I think we will get one till later on!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Being that you pulled this from TPG I think you should give credit where credit is due.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Being that you pulled this from TPG I think you should give credit where credit is due.
This is NOT the test program Brian talks about if you will go and read his post!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Then I feel super dumb. Sorry I was wrong. Great find!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Then I feel super dumb. Sorry I was wrong. Great find!
No problem. Oh I have a TON to say about what TPG's post said in a post on my blog tomorrow and HT him and quote him often. That too had major implications to the program (that is IF THAT program goes beyond test stage)!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
FYI, I booked a Pay with Miles itin in First and flew it last week. SkyMiles, MQMs and segments posted as they would with a revenue ticket.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
I'd love to do this, as I'm sure many would, but no matter the search (F, A, etc.) I am still getting the message that if I use Pay with Miles the itinerary will not be eligible for mileage accrual. I understand what DL is now saying on its official Pay with Miles page, but that's not matching what DL is saying for any first/business itinerary I search.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MJonTravel
FYI, I booked a Pay with Miles itin in First and flew it last week. SkyMiles, MQMs and segments posted as they would with a revenue ticket.
That's encouraging, but I'm too chicken to try it! I usualy use miles for my husband or other companion, but pay my ticket to earn the MQM...it would be nice to have more options.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
It's interesting to see this, given the new Crossover relationship with Starwood ( who allows award nights to count toward status).
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Even with this change, PWM is not that compelling, unless you can find a cheap A/P fare. Internationally, a J seat will likely be >>$4k, so it will cost likely many more miles than an award ticket. There are other better (?) ways to earn MQM, if you need them, like spending on AMEX...

Also, it seems unlikely to count as MQD, as you didn't bring any new money to the table...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.