ATL - HNL A330 First Experince

Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
ATL - HNL A330 First Experince

Anyone been on the A330 ATL to HNL up front recently? Going next week and was wondering about the pillow / blanket provided and other amenities.

Was on the A330 up front TATL in 2012 and we had tan comforters and decent sized pillows, wanted to see if this was similar?

How is the meal / service now? Still "first+" service.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:37 am

We had the international duvet+pillow plus amenity kit on our trip late December. The food was standard first, with the addition of the gross Mai Tai's. Service was hit or miss; seemed the FA's were more interested in getting to Hawaii than dealing with pax.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by tony_w
Service was hit or miss; seemed the FA's were more interested in getting to Hawaii than dealing with pax.
Had the same experience on an A330 AMS-MSP earlier in the month. Comparison to the crew on the KLM 747 made the DL Metal crew look pretty bad. All DL A330/long haul crew should have to go on a ride with KLM for training.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:49 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Klm employees can be so cool sometimes!!!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Search ATL-HNL or Hawaii experience, lots of threads.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Despise the business seating on the A330...
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Flew this in December. Nice. Two meals, but standard domestic first meals. Try to nab 1G if you can!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
How does DL do meal preferences in F? Will be flying in paid F with no status (first time on DL F) ATL-HNL. On AA, they use FEBO - meal preferences are taken from front to back on even numbered flights and back to front on odd numbered flights. I tried searching and saw one post that said meal preferences are taken by status and another said that they come with the cart and serve front to back. Found a thread from 2001 that said FEBO is policy but not routinely followed. Is this usually the case with the HNL flights? Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Flew this in December. Nice. Two meals, but standard domestic first meals. Try to nab 1G if you can!
Got 1h and 1j on the way out, and 3a and 3b on the way back.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by RxCapt
How does DL do meal preferences in F? Will be flying in paid F with no status (first time on DL F) ATL-HNL. On AA, they use FEBO - meal preferences are taken from front to back on even numbered flights and back to front on odd numbered flights. I tried searching and saw one post that said meal preferences are taken by status and another said that they come with the cart and serve front to back. Found a thread from 2001 that said FEBO is policy but not routinely followed. Is this usually the case with the HNL flights? Thanks.
Ive seen it done both ways-it often depends on the crew.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by flymanbeast
Klm employees can be so cool sometimes!!!
That's what's great about them! A nice escape from Hee-Haw.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: UA Gold   |   Former: DL Diamond, HA Pualani Gold
International duvet/pillow. Tumi amenity kits. Noise-canceling headphones (I've never used them though). No wi-fi.

Warm nuts. Domestic F meal. Ice cream sundae. Cold cereal breakfast on arrival to Atlanta (used to have omelet option -- no longer). Sandwich on arrival to HNL. Domestic snack basket. Chocolate macadamia nut candy on landing both ways (provided in economy as well).
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by teCh0010
Got 1h and 1j on the way out, and 3a and 3b on the way back.
Why the right side going into HNL? The A seats on the left side get a spectacular overview of Pearl Harbor if you land on 8L, which is usually the landing runway.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Why the right side going into HNL? The A seats on the left side get a spectacular overview of Pearl Harbor if you land on 8L, which is usually the landing runway.
Depends on the day. It was off to right on a clear day in Dec.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Depends on the day. It was off to right on a clear day in Dec.
It's way off to the right on downwind but when you're on final approach for 8L you come in right over the channel leading into Pearl Harbor. The USS Missouri and the USS Arizona Memorial are clearly visible on the left side while on final to 8L. It's a spectacular view. I have seats on the left side this coming July when I fly there for my honeymoon and hope we get an 8L landing. It probably happens at some point but I've never seen landings on the 26s when I've been there. I have landed on the 4s before both of those were at night so I don't know how good the views are if you land on the 4s during the day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.