Wiki Posts
Search

ATL - HNL A330 First Experince

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Why the right side going into HNL? The A seats on the left side get a spectacular overview of Pearl Harbor if you land on 8L, which is usually the landing runway.
someone already had 1a and I really like the 1st row of the a330 for daytime flights.

For views I have -
ATL - HNL - Right Side
HNL - OGG - Right Side
OGG - HNL - Left Side
HNL - ATL - Left Side

I could probably flipflop the HA segments if one side or another has the chance of getting me a better view.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by orr333
Had the same experience on an A330 AMS-MSP earlier in the month. Comparison to the crew on the KLM 747 made the DL Metal crew look pretty bad. All DL A330/long haul crew should have to go on a ride with KLM for training.
Had THE BEST crew on DL 87, VCE - JFK, 5 Mar 13. Superb level of Customer Service, exceeded anything I have seen or experienced in nearly 50 years of flying domestically and internationally.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by teCh0010
someone already had 1a and I really like the 1st row of the a330 for daytime flights.

For views I have -
ATL - HNL - Right Side
HNL - OGG - Right Side
OGG - HNL - Left Side
HNL - ATL - Left Side

I could probably flipflop the HA segments if one side or another has the chance of getting me a better view.
I would recommend the left side for HNL-OGG. When taking off out of HNL you make a slight right turn after takeoff and those on the left get a spectacular view of Waikiki and Diamond Head. Haven't flown into OGG so I can't comment there about what to expect when flying in and out there (I do have left side A/B seats for both HNL-OGG and OGG-HNL for my honeymoon). Hopefully the winds are right and you get the 8L arrival for the OGG-HNL flight though (ie hopefully you don't come in on the 4s - I don't think the view would be as good although I can't say from experience since both of my landings on the 4s were at night). Enjoy Hawaii
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Why the right side going into HNL? The A seats on the left side get a spectacular overview of Pearl Harbor if you land on 8L, which is usually the landing runway.
Most of my flights into HNL landed east to west, which meant that the right side of the plane got a very nice view of Diamondhead and Waikiki on the way into the airport. On the last flight, however, we landed west to east and the left side of the plane got wonderful views as we flew around the entire island to get lined up for landing. All depends on the day/winds/traffic...
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by tvelinsk
Most of my flights into HNL landed east to west, which meant that the right side of the plane got a very nice view of Diamondhead and Waikiki on the way into the airport. On the last flight, however, we landed west to east and the left side of the plane got wonderful views as we flew around the entire island to get lined up for landing. All depends on the day/winds/traffic...
Could be a time of year thing with the tradewinds. I've landed and taken off from HNL three times but all of those flights were around the same time of the year (June). Once (the first time) was on 8L. The other two (at night) were on the 4s. But in the three total weeks I've spent on Oahu, I've never seen landings on the 26s. The departures were always to the east. I've played the Hickam AFB golf course a few times and the flights were always arriving on 8L or the 4s and departing on the 8s while I was playing (a few holes at Hickam overlook the lagoon and the reef runway, 8R, and the taxiway to 8R runs right behind a couple of holes. Getting to play golf and watch planes at the same time while in Hawaii. Doesn't get much better than that.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Also recommend left side HNL-OGG. Usually you are landing west to east. You can also see Molokai off to the left side. Reverse for other direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.