FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   How do you add a Skymiles Number to an existing reservation? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1452946-how-do-you-add-skymiles-number-existing-reservation.html)

GrizShel Mar 27, 2013 10:20 am

How do you add a Skymiles Number to an existing reservation?

Been searching around the incredibly tedious revamped Delta.com* site for quite a while and cannot figure out how to pull up a reservation that isn't already listed under "MY TRIPS" and add the passenger's Skymiles number.

* So far, imo, they've wasted a hefty chunk of change on the overhauled site (for which they have remarkably further reducing its usability and left unaddressed most of more important existing limitations - not enough time here to get into all of the reasons why though).

mnbp Mar 27, 2013 10:28 am

Originally Posted by GrizShel (Post 20491841)
Been searching around the incredibly tedious revamped Delta.com* site for quite a while and cannot figure out how to pull up a reservation that isn't already listed under "MY TRIPS" and add the passenger's Skymiles number.

* So far, imo, they've wasted a hefty chunk of change on the overhauled site (for which they have remarkably further reducing its usability and left unaddressed most of more important existing limitations - not enough time here to get into all of the reasons why though).

Step 1 - log out of DL.com

Step 2 - click on My Trips

cawa Mar 27, 2013 10:37 am

You can also call Delta, have them pull up the reservation by the locator number and have them add the Skymiles number manually. After that, it will start showing up when you log on.

precchia Mar 27, 2013 11:17 am

I just had to do this with my sister's reservation.

Open the reservation (can do this by searching for a reservation). I did this by opening my trips (go to myDelta, then click "open" in upcoming reservations. You should then have the option to use the trip finder at the top of the page)

Within the reservation, right under passenger name, you should see "add skymiles number"...or something to that effect.

After doing all of that yesterday...it wouldn't take it, and I had to call in anyway. What a joy :mad:

RatherBeOnATrain Jan 29, 2014 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp (Post 20491883)

Thanks for posting this, mnbp -- it worked perfectly.

PHLisa Aug 18, 2015 8:30 am

OMG, thank you. I kept getting an error when trying to add it while logged in. I logged out and it worked perfectly. Logged back in and now my trip is there. ^

Velocipediste Aug 24, 2019 1:04 pm

Bumping an old thread.

Just signed up for Skypesos. The above ultimately worked to add an already existing booking...

(face palm)

...except I couldn't figure out how to log out. Perhaps my browser minimum font size setting is causing the log out button to be hidden. Anyway, using a different browser where I'm clearly not logged in worked.

(double face palm)

xliioper Aug 24, 2019 1:15 pm

Click on your name at the top of the screen. A pop-up summary of your account and earnings will appear with the Log Out button near the bottom.

Velocipediste Aug 24, 2019 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper (Post 31452512)
Click on your name at the top of the screen. A pop-up summary of your account and earnings will appear with the Log Out button near the bottom.

There's no Log Out visible for me. As I said above, I suspect that this may be because of setting my browser's minimum font size to "12".* This may have increased the line spacing of everything else in the pop-up, thus pushing the Log Off below the bottom of a hard coded fixed size pop-up.

* I'd be perfectly happy with 9pt text - if it was 9pt at the old standard 72 dpi/ppi. With today's higher resolution displays, the "12" minimum renders as approximately 8pt.