Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Isn't it kind of crappy to conduct a job interview in public in the Crown Room?

Old Mar 27, 13, 8:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch

Anyone else see the one in A17 this AM?

I feel bad for the lady interviewing.....
Old Mar 27, 13, 8:40 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson View Post

Just as tacky as the people who hold video conferences or teleconferences without ear phones, and usually with the speakerphone....
Old Mar 27, 13, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Maybe done deliberately to see how she could handle the unexpected.
Old Mar 27, 13, 8:41 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES

Pix?
Old Mar 27, 13, 8:45 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Has the candidate asked if a Sky Club membership is part of the benefits package? She should also confirm the company's travel policy regarding F tix that may cost less than coach, International business class, etc.
Old Mar 27, 13, 8:50 am
Suspended

Crown Room

Might have happened in an old Crown Room, but not in a SkyClub.
Old Mar 27, 13, 8:51 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition.
If she's not a member I wonder if they paid for her day pass. Or perhaps guested her in....
Old Mar 27, 13, 8:55 am

I could understand if it was "could we do this at the airport while I'm passing through town", but not if the employer didn't have enough respect for the prospective employee to hire a conference room in one of the lounges for an hour. That's just tacky.
Old Mar 27, 13, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit View Post
Might have happened in an old Crown Room, but not in a SkyClub.
KLM still has a Crown Lounge (if they will let you in)
Old Mar 27, 13, 9:43 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Let me guess, the interviewer was a "Tommy Boy" lookalike with his shirt collar too tight to contain his 20 inch flabby neck? Let me also hypothesize that he was on bloody mary #3 (some spilled on his shirt also) going into the interview and #6 when he ended. Let me also guess that he had 98% of the airtime?

Seriously - I've hired hundreds of people in my carrer, and have interviewed 10x that. I would never think to do an interview in a place like a Sky Club. I suspect that most HR departments would agree with me also.

Back to your question - Yes, I believe that I would consider this in very bad taste. If I were the interviewee, I would think that the interviewer wasn't taking me seriously.

TFD
Old Mar 27, 13, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta FO/1.3MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The only way to access a crown room is through the secret entrance you learn about when you become a KM. AFAIK the only non-KM's allowed in the crown room are FO's (Flying Orchid's), FC's (Flying Colonel's) and Royal Medallions - and then only to carry a KM's bag.

As the OP is a fellow KM (i believe one of the original KM's) I can certainly understand the OP's utter disgust at having a Kettle in the crown room, and I hope this didn't interrupt your message or surf & turf dinner.

/sarcasm off

Tacky unless its being held in one of the conference rooms that have a door you can close for privacy.
Old Mar 27, 13, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I know of cases where a candidate for a high level position meets with the selection committee in an airport conference room for confidentiality, but of course such meetings would be behind closed doors.

To conduct an interview in a SC doesn't seem much different from having it take place in a bar. IMO it's much different than an interview over lunch, although in all but vey quiet restaurants, that could be problematic too due to distractions and interruptions.
Old Mar 27, 13, 11:15 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AeroWesty View Post
I could understand if it was "could we do this at the airport while I'm passing through town", but not if the employer didn't have enough respect for the prospective employee to hire a conference room in one of the lounges for an hour. That's just tacky.
I agree as I have conducted and been interviewed in a conference room. When you are dealing with people that travel 100% it is easier to schedule a long layover and both meet enroute to somewhere else.
Old Mar 27, 13, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
This is not at all unusual, so i dont really get the point of the post. I've been interviewed several times in the course of my career in an airline club. Actually even by an airline themselves ( CO back in the day). I actually prefer it when i have to fly in. No need to stress with the travel to and from the airport.
Old Mar 27, 13, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM (.00123 MM), UA 1P, Marriott PLT, HI GLD, SW PLT
I was interviewed once at the Max & Erma's in CMH once.

Honestly, how is it any different than two people sitting in a club and having a conversation between themselves? Or are we not allowed to talk to other people when in the SkyClub now?

Maybe stop being so uptight and mind your own business? Or have the stick removed?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: