FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Isn't it kind of crappy to conduct a job interview in public in the Crown Room? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1452917-isnt-kind-crappy-conduct-job-interview-public-crown-room.html)

Thomas Hudson Mar 27, 2013 8:33 am

Isn't it kind of crappy to conduct a job interview in public in the Crown Room?

Anyone else see the one in A17 this AM?

I feel bad for the lady interviewing.....

Crazyhotelguy Mar 27, 2013 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson (Post 20491204)

Just as tacky as the people who hold video conferences or teleconferences without ear phones, and usually with the speakerphone....

HongKonger Mar 27, 2013 8:41 am

Isn't it kind of crappy to conduct a job interview in public in the Crown Room?

Maybe done deliberately to see how she could handle the unexpected.

Crazyhotelguy Mar 27, 2013 8:41 am

Pix?

PRWeezer Mar 27, 2013 8:45 am

Has the candidate asked if a Sky Club membership is part of the benefits package? She should also confirm the company's travel policy regarding F tix that may cost less than coach, International business class, etc.

DaddyRabbit Mar 27, 2013 8:50 am

Crown Room

Might have happened in an old Crown Room, but not in a SkyClub.

DLdweeb Mar 27, 2013 8:51 am

If she's not a member I wonder if they paid for her day pass. Or perhaps guested her in....

AeroWesty Mar 27, 2013 8:55 am

I could understand if it was "could we do this at the airport while I'm passing through town", but not if the employer didn't have enough respect for the prospective employee to hire a conference room in one of the lounges for an hour. That's just tacky.

Renes Points Mar 27, 2013 8:59 am

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit (Post 20491323)
Might have happened in an old Crown Room, but not in a SkyClub.

KLM still has a Crown Lounge :p (if they will let you in) :mad:

Task Force DL Mar 27, 2013 9:43 am

Let me guess, the interviewer was a "Tommy Boy" lookalike with his shirt collar too tight to contain his 20 inch flabby neck? Let me also hypothesize that he was on bloody mary #3 (some spilled on his shirt also) going into the interview and #6 when he ended. Let me also guess that he had 98% of the airtime? :D

Seriously - I've hired hundreds of people in my carrer, and have interviewed 10x that. I would never think to do an interview in a place like a Sky Club. I suspect that most HR departments would agree with me also.

Back to your question - Yes, I believe that I would consider this in very bad taste. If I were the interviewee, I would think that the interviewer wasn't taking me seriously.

TFD

baccarat0809 Mar 27, 2013 9:45 am

The only way to access a crown room is through the secret entrance you learn about when you become a KM. AFAIK the only non-KM's allowed in the crown room are FO's (Flying Orchid's), FC's (Flying Colonel's) and Royal Medallions - and then only to carry a KM's bag.

As the OP is a fellow KM (i believe one of the original KM's) I can certainly understand the OP's utter disgust :mad::mad::mad: at having a Kettle in the crown room, and I hope this didn't interrupt your message or surf & turf dinner.:D:D:D

/sarcasm off

Tacky unless its being held in one of the conference rooms that have a door you can close for privacy.

MSPeconomist Mar 27, 2013 10:11 am

I know of cases where a candidate for a high level position meets with the selection committee in an airport conference room for confidentiality, but of course such meetings would be behind closed doors.

To conduct an interview in a SC doesn't seem much different from having it take place in a bar. IMO it's much different than an interview over lunch, although in all but vey quiet restaurants, that could be problematic too due to distractions and interruptions.

troyintn Mar 27, 2013 11:15 am

Originally Posted by AeroWesty (Post 20491351)
I could understand if it was "could we do this at the airport while I'm passing through town", but not if the employer didn't have enough respect for the prospective employee to hire a conference room in one of the lounges for an hour. That's just tacky.

I agree as I have conducted and been interviewed in a conference room. When you are dealing with people that travel 100% it is easier to schedule a long layover and both meet enroute to somewhere else.

grahampros Mar 27, 2013 11:20 am

This is not at all unusual, so i dont really get the point of the post. I've been interviewed several times in the course of my career in an airline club. Actually even by an airline themselves ( CO back in the day). I actually prefer it when i have to fly in. No need to stress with the travel to and from the airport.

mfdii Mar 27, 2013 11:52 am

I was interviewed once at the Max & Erma's in CMH once.

Honestly, how is it any different than two people sitting in a club and having a conversation between themselves? Or are we not allowed to talk to other people when in the SkyClub now?

Maybe stop being so uptight and mind your own business? Or have the stick removed?