Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Isn't it kind of crappy to conduct a job interview in public in the Crown Room?

Old Mar 27, 13, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson View Post
Anyone else see the one in A17 this AM?

I feel bad for the lady interviewing.....
well, not enough info you gave us, but if she was interviewing for a job in a skyclub, i think its a pretty good place to have it. Not sure how those interviews work, but maybe it was the 2nd part of the screening in which they have to do a walk through of some sort.
Old Mar 27, 13, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by DL2SXM View Post
well, not enough info you gave us, but if she was interviewing for a job in a skyclub, i think its a pretty good place to have it. Not sure how those interviews work, but maybe it was the 2nd part of the screening in which they have to do a walk through of some sort.
Folks get interviewed in Clubs all the time and nothing to do with working there. It's just an obvious place to do it. It makes coordinating travel a lot easier. I've met many prospective clients in the the clubs over the years. Now THAT is an interview. LOL.
Old Mar 27, 13, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
There actually is something referenced in the Terms & Conditions of a Sky Club membership specifically regarding interviewing in the club... read it a few days ago.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...use-rules.html
Old Mar 27, 13, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
How many clubs still have conference rooms? Most of them were removed to make room for more seating I think.
Old Mar 27, 13, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
How many clubs still have conference rooms? Most of them were removed to make room for more seating I think.
8 give or take?

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-services.html
Old Mar 27, 13, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I presume A17 in the OP is ATL. ATL Centerpoint has conference rooms for rent. The interview should have been held there.
Old Mar 27, 13, 2:00 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
I guess it depends on what kind of interview it is. If its a follow up / executive interview where you are having more of a conversation on your work / skills rather than an "interview", thats one thing. If its a "Tell me your strengths and weaknesses" or "what kind of salary are you looking for" kind of interview, I could see how that may be uncomfortable with people listening.
Old Mar 27, 13, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Well Mr Hudson, if I was being interviewed by you and it was in Crwon Room, I think I could handle it.
Old Mar 27, 13, 2:47 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I know of cases where a candidate for a high level position meets with the selection committee in an airport conference room for confidentiality, but of course such meetings would be behind closed.
I had such an interview at ATL on the second level of the atrium where they have a number of such rooms - they even had lunch catered.
Much better than in the middle of the SkyClub.
Got the job
Old Mar 27, 13, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Tomphot View Post
I had such an interview at ATL on the second level of the atrium where they have a number of such rooms - they even had lunch catered.
Much better than in the middle of the SkyClub.
Got the job
I assume that you accepted the job and it went well after such a nice interview setup?
Old Mar 27, 13, 4:09 pm

Programs: American Exec Platinum, Former Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, United Silver

Didn't Leonardo Dicaprio fly up to meet James Cameron at an airport lounge for Titanic?
Old Mar 27, 13, 5:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
It was two ladies, one interviewing and one being interviewed. They set up a few seats away from me and went to it. Unlike a lunch interview, this was in a quieter area of the club and there were a number of people around. I could not help but hear it as everyone else was quiet as they were talking like they were at lunch. I actually got up a left as I could not concentrate on my own work at hand. I just do not think it is in good tact to make someone spill their life out like that in that situation....
Old Mar 27, 13, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL GM
I have seen this happen twice in one of the ATL sky clubs. Little odd....
Old Mar 27, 13, 5:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by mfdii View Post
I was interviewed once at the Max & Erma's in CMH once.

Honestly, how is it any different than two people sitting in a club and having a conversation between themselves? Or are we not allowed to talk to other people when in the SkyClub now?

Maybe stop being so uptight and mind your own business? Or have the stick removed?
So I can fully understand your point; you feel an interviewer asking an interviewee personal questions in an airport lounge in a quiet area where all around can not help but hear is the same as interviewing at a restaurant and that even though they came and sat down right next to me and started talking at a volume commonly used in an office meeting or restaurant, to the point where I had to move in order to hear myself think, is actually my problem for interloping on their conversation to the point that I actually rectally assaulted myself with a stick?
Old Mar 27, 13, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
Simply Inexcusable.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: