Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Entering of pin on Medallion Phone Line??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, DL MM

Last couple days I have noticed the telephone system isn't asking for my PIN after I enter my Skymiles number when I call the Premium Line?

Anyone else have this happening to them....hold times seem longer too (recently they have gotten better), but this is a busy weekend so who knows if it is related
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:09 am
zld

Programs: AA EP, DL GM
I noticed this yesterday too. The hold time was a bit longer than usual (maybe a minute and a half) and I didn't think there was any weather yesterday.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Had it happen on Friday.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Called late last night and no pin. Definitely a longer wait time than usual. There is weather in the midwest right now. Not sure if that is why.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta, United
I noticed this as well as I have been talking to reps frequently this week. Perhaps, they have gotten smart enough that if you are calling from a number that they have on record that matches with your SM number that they assume it is you. Thus no additional verification.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
No PIN for me either. Would love if it would just recognize the #.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
No pin on Saturday and my first conversation with Chisholm in years. And I'm not positive that she answered Diamond line or just preferred or medallion
Maybe if you enter someone else's SM number and if they discover you aren't entitled to the level of connection once you start the encounter you get immediately disconnected and put at the end of the queue.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum

the problem with their system was that it means they're storing passwords in plain text on the backend. perhaps they fixed that and can't translate the password to PIN number anymore.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Since the new website redesign, dl.com has not taken my pin. But, does take the first four letters/digits of my password. Try that.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 1:53 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I had no PIN a couple days ago, and I was calling from a # they shouldn't recognize. And I managed to spend Skymiles on the call.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I've been waiting for the introduction of caller recognition since someone here mentioned a while back that Delta was working on it. Unfortunately, I still had to enter my SkyMiles number and password when I called the Diamond line today.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MS02113
I've been waiting for the introduction of caller recognition since someone here mentioned a while back that Delta was working on it. Unfortunately, I still had to enter my SkyMiles number and password when I called the Diamond line today.
I hope they don't go this route. Caller ID is easily spoofed.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Just a little while ago I called, no PIN, and HIBRES, woohoo!

Edit: There was a little bit of a wait compared to normal.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Emirates Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I noticed this late Friday, and again throughout day Saturday and this morning. Lost luggage and IROPS have kept me on the phone more than usual.

I called Friday and Saturday from a hotel out of the country and did not have to enter PIN. This pretty much confirms the new PIN/Password behavior has nothing to do with the caller's phone number.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: Amex Canada Centurion (and all the fixings)...and 20,000,000+ misc. points/miles to spend!
Since they've added the password option on delta.com, it seems that they've done away with asking for pins over the phone. My past few calls, they haven't asked for any identity confirmation either. Seems like there hasn't been enough communication between tech and CSR, since I'm assuming these agents think that identity has already been pre-confirmed...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.