Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do I get SkyPesos and MQM's on a WestJet flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC

I booked a flight LAS - YVR to use an eCredit on a non- stop flight. It is a code share - DL 7129/7128.

I don't see anything on delta.dumb about WS miles.

Anyone have experience on this?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, codeshares get miles and MQM's -- http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1523

No problems with my codeshare flights between YYZ and YVR posting.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 17, 2013 at 11:11 am
Old Mar 17, 2013, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
It is a DL coded flight so you will get skymiles for it. May take longer than posting with Delta metal.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Originally Posted by puddinhead
I booked a flight LAS - YVR to use an eCredit on a non- stop flight. It is a code share - DL 7129/7128.

I don't see anything on delta.dumb about WS miles.

Anyone have experience on this?
Originally Posted by kaaria
It is a DL coded flight so you will get skymiles for it. May take longer than posting with Delta metal.

I flew DL7xxx / WSxxx YYC-YYZ in October. No problems at all with getting the correct number of Pesos or MQM's, and it posted at the normal T+24ish time.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver

I've done the Westjet, Delta codeshare from Vancouver to Toronto and had no problems with miles appearing. I did make it a point to add my Delta sky miles number when checking in though.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Yes, if you book through Delta, you'll get MQMs and miles, no problem. The issue comes in when there are delays or cancellations, as it's not really clear who is responsible for helping you (I've had 2 Westjet flights cancelled, and Delta calls me to notify me, but they cannot automatically rebook me). Delta reps on the phone lines can help you though.

Also, you have to check in with Westjet, so if you want to check in before arriving at the airport, you'll have to call Westjet to get your record locator code...luckily, it's super easy with their automated phone system.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Tower18
Also, you have to check in with Westjet, so if you want to check in before arriving at the airport, you'll have to call Westjet to get your record locator code...luckily, it's super easy with their automated phone system.
I was able to check in using my DL record locator.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by DaDaDan
I was able to check in using my DL record locator.
I am about 50-50 on that. Most times it works fine but sometimes it does not and it takes a call to Westjet to get their locator. I have noticed some differences when the outbound is Delta and the return is Westjet but overall it does work.

One thing I have also noticed is the SDC process when you check in with Westjet becomes a little bit of a hassle --- not for me, but for the diamond desk agent when she can't unlock the record. Eventually it all gets sorted out but it does take about 15 minutes or so. Its a catch 22 that you need to check in 24 hrs in advance to get a good seat but when you are checked in the SDC process is more difficult. I normally wouldn't pre-check in for a Delta flight until I get to the airport. I've got my seat, and most times my upgrade.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
TAs might have incentives to book it as a WS flight, though.
(Commission is based on policy of ticketing airline. WS gives an amount, but DL doesn't.)
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ross123
I am about 50-50 on that. Most times it works fine but sometimes it does not and it takes a call to Westjet to get their locator. I have noticed some differences when the outbound is Delta and the return is Westjet but overall it does work.

One thing I have also noticed is the SDC process when you check in with Westjet becomes a little bit of a hassle --- not for me, but for the diamond desk agent when she can't unlock the record. Eventually it all gets sorted out but it does take about 15 minutes or so. Its a catch 22 that you need to check in 24 hrs in advance to get a good seat but when you are checked in the SDC process is more difficult. I normally wouldn't pre-check in for a Delta flight until I get to the airport. I've got my seat, and most times my upgrade.
Also, in my experience, if you SDC directly with the WS desk (which they will happily do, btw), it's a huge PITA getting credit for the segment/miles with Delta.

I recommend keeping your printed boarding pass as you might need it.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Do I understand the rules correctly that WS flights, flown on a WS marketed ticket, will earn RDM in Delta? I do not seek PQM, but wouldn't mind getting the RDM for a HNL-YVR flight. Has anyone bought a WS ticket and had it credit to Skymiles recently?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by transportprof
Do I understand the rules correctly that WS flights, flown on a WS marketed ticket, will earn RDM in Delta? I do not seek PQM, but wouldn't mind getting the RDM for a HNL-YVR flight. Has anyone bought a WS ticket and had it credit to Skymiles recently?
This thread is old, so I have no idea if DL-coded flights on WestJet even earn MQM or RDM anymore, let alone WS-coded ones...
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by transportprof
Has to be DL coded. And since buying the ticket on DL rather than WS costs about $300 more I would say its not worth it.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kitkat77
This thread is old, so I have no idea if DL-coded flights on WestJet even earn MQM or RDM anymore, let alone WS-coded ones...
Luckily, Delta has a web page with this info so we don't have to rely solely on a FT thread

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...s/westjet.html

Looks like RDMs only, and less than 100% for some fare classes.

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Has to be DL coded. And since buying the ticket on DL rather than WS costs about $300 more I would say its not worth it.
FWIW the column header says "WestJet Marketed Flights
Eligible Purchased Accrual Classes(1)" and the footer says "(1) Partner-marketed flights that are not ticketed by Delta will continue to earn miles based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid. Unless otherwise noted, mileage credit is only applicable to Delta partner flights that are marketed and operated by that partner or Delta."
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: Skymiles
I flew them last week and got zilch. No miles at all, after flying >4000 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.