Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Non-Rev really have priority on a SWU over a Plat???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-Rev really have priority on a SWU over a Plat???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kahuna
To ease the budget deficit, the government should make the airline seats used by employees for personal travel a taxable benefit. It would be interesting to see how many revs were sitting up front if they had to pay tax for value received
Lol
The government could also make award travel a taxable benefit. That would really suck for a certain group of people.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by rusrocket
Lol
The government could also make award travel a taxable benefit. That would really suck for a certain group of people.
Or mileage earning!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:07 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Lol
Just so long as the taxes can be paid with SkyPesos!

Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
Just so long as the taxes can be paid with SkyPesos!

You are redeeming 100K pesos for a trip to Europe?! Please pay 500K pesos in taxes

Last edited by rusrocket; Mar 13, 2013 at 11:19 pm
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Kahuna
To ease the budget deficit . . . .
Please pay 500K pesos in taxes
How much will 500K SkyPesos knock the deficit down by?

Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:25 pm

Delta has to value skypesos at something for accounting purposes. I wonder what that value is. My bet is it is 0.1 of a cent at most maybe even less, much less.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:25 pm

By half a million.................skypesos
The late hour has me wondering . . .

Do SkyPesos break down into SkyCentavos???

Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:30 pm

Delta has to value skypesos at something for accounting purposes. I wonder what that value is. My bet is it is 0.1 of a cent at most maybe even less, much less.
Yes, there ARE different numbers that are bounced around, if you search. I also think there's a big difference between what they're worth on the books, vs what DL says their value is if someone wins them as some type of a prize, for tax purposes. . . .

So, what exchange rate will the IRS offer us?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:24 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Vuelos
This thread as a whole is possibly one of the most misinformed rants I've read on FT in my 8 years here.

It already is
1. What fun would FT be without all the misinformation and conspiracy theories?
2. Example of said misinformation.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
1. What fun would FT be without all the misinformation and conspiracy theories?
2. Example of said misinformation.
^^^^^

I watched non-rev shena on my flight this morning....

2 non rev's who were already seated was downgraded to Y by a revenue pax and a companion who showed up.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Vuelos
^^^^^

I watched non-rev shena on my flight this morning....

2 non rev's who were already seated was downgraded to Y by a revenue pax and a companion who showed up.
OH THE HUMANITY! I thought it happened to me once, turns out the over-achieving GA cleared the list a couple of minutes before I hit the kiosk. And unlike most sightings here, a conversation with the GA confirmed that's what happened. ^
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OH THE HUMANITY! I thought it happened to me once, turns out the over-achieving GA cleared the list a couple of minutes before I hit the kiosk. And unlike most sightings here, a conversation with the GA confirmed that's what happened. ^
Do you mean you missed a free elite upgrade (to a nonrev?) because you checked in late-ish for the flights, at something like T-35 or so? Or did the GA fix it when you asked what happened?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean you missed a free elite upgrade (to a nonrev?) because you checked in late-ish for the flights, at something like T-35 or so? Or did the GA fix it when you asked what happened?
No, I was responding to Vuelos' mention of nonrev shena. I missed clearing into F as a nonrev to others with lower priority...not what the folks around here want to hear, of course. Just an example that even nonrevs sometimes suspect that shena is in the building.

And yes, it was because he cleared the list at T-45 & I was at the kiosk at T-40-ish. I didn't ask him to fix it. Short flight, not worth the bad karma. It was a Sunday morning, very light pax load & IIRC all elites had cleared in advance.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:12 am

I missed clearing into F as a nonrev to others with lower priority...
Wow! Who'd have ever thought! Shena on a nonrev BY a nonrev!

What's this world coming to!

Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:13 pm

And yes, it was because he cleared the list at T-45 & I was at the kiosk at T-40-ish. I didn't ask him to fix it. Short flight, not worth the bad karma. It was a Sunday morning, very light pax load & IIRC all elites had cleared in advance.
Please, there were DM's, PM's and multiple MM's in the back that you got to sit with!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.