Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Severe Peanut Allergy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
I was on DL1560 this morning and they announced no peanuts because someone onboard was allergic.

I'm all for reasonable accomodations , but there are times I think it goes too far. One of my co-workers once tried to get her daughter's school to send home a note asking parents not to serve peanuts or peanut butter in their own homes because the "residue" might cause a reaction for her daughter.

I literally laughed in her face when she told me that.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:25 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by jeet
@BostonBound

OP Sorry for your condition and the fact that most people here are not so nice to you.
I like nuts but would have no problem at all from refraining if someone on my flight was allergic.

And to posters who are upset because they can't have peanuts on a flight -
Remember your life isn't at risk because you can't have peanuts but the reverse might not true for someone with a severe nut allergy

Peace!
..and on that very civil note, I will now end this discussion.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.