Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Could these flights possibly be that full?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

The TLV-JFK route uses a 747-400. It has 286 Y seats, 42 EC seats, and 48 BE seats.

I just took a look at the delta.com seat maps my two upcoming flights (about 2 months away).

DL 269, May 7, TLV-JFK, is showing 1 available seat in Y and 2 in BE.

DL 268, May 17, JFK-TLV, is showing Y completely sold out and only 14 available seats in BE.

This seems very strange to me for flights so far out. Is is possible?

If, indeed, the route is so popular why doesn't Delta also bring back the 777 TLV-ATL flights? It seems that they would be able to sell out both planes.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:11 am

Nope its a website glitch that occurs on Saturday and is usually fixed on Sunday. Doesn't happen every week but no these flights are not full.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
I just checked seats on a tix i have 30 days out, all BE seats taken and only a hand full of EC seats avail...yesterday there were about 20 BE seats and plenty of Y. Methinks that something is up with seats maps today...
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: All of the Above
EF shows J9 and Y9 on both legs, so no, doesn't look that full. Don't know though.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
11th commandment? Thou shalt not buy economy fares on the Sabbath?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
The OP brings up a good point. Why did DL dump ATL-TLV? I don't believe for a second there was insufficient demand.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just checked an itinerary and the BE seat map is full even though about a dozen seats were empty at this time yesterday. EF shows the same seat map as yesterday and indicates that DL is willing to do four upgrades for miles or SWUs, although at least eight were available yesterday and I only took at most one of them.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Heavy travel day for Tish'a B'Av
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Dovster
The TLV-JFK route uses a 747-400. It has 286 Y seats, 42 EC seats, and 48 BE seats.

I just took a look at the delta.com seat maps my two upcoming flights (about 2 months away).

DL 269, May 7, TLV-JFK, is showing 1 available seat in Y and 2 in BE.

DL 268, May 17, JFK-TLV, is showing Y completely sold out and only 14 available seats in BE.

This seems very strange to me for flights so far out. Is is possible?

If, indeed, the route is so popular why doesn't Delta also bring back the 777 TLV-ATL flights? It seems that they would be able to sell out both planes.
The other question is why anyone would fly DL to TLV?
I would rather fly AC/LX/LH/AA if I was in J and AA/BA/LX in Y.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:58 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I would say delta is better then el al in y. I would wager that is why haha.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
The other question is why anyone would fly DL to TLV?
I would rather fly AC/LX/LH/AA if I was in J and AA/BA/LX in Y.
Why?

JFK-TLV has lie-flat seats in J, each with aisle access, and I have always enjoyed the meals. The non-stop is also a major advantage.

Y, while nowhere near as comfortable, has full, individual, IFE in each seat.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
Just flew this route Mar 2-7. Completely full. BE sold out. 1 or 2 seats left in Economy. Totally packed. It's true. The FAs said it's been very full the past few months. No Op-Up for me.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
The OP brings up a good point. Why did DL dump ATL-TLV? I don't believe for a second there was insufficient demand.
Probably because JFK, EWR and LAX account for more than 71% of the O&D between USA and TLV, and ATL accounts for less than 2% of the O&D. ATL has just 1/2 the O&D of PHL, and nearly everyone on US Airways' PHL-TLV flights is connecting from somewhere else.

Connecting traffic is fine and expected for international flights, but when nearly everyone on the plane is connecting, that signals that there may be a better gateway. In the case of TLV, those better gateways are NYC and LAX. Other potential gateways with substantially more O&D than ATL include SFO, MIA, BOS and ORD.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mspflier
Just flew this route Mar 2-7. Completely full. BE sold out. 1 or 2 seats left in Economy. Totally packed. It's true. The FAs said it's been very full the past few months. No Op-Up for me.
I am used to seeing it packed on that route -- but not two months out.

The TLV-ATL flights also flew full. I remember taking one on a buddy pass and I was lucky to get one of the two remaining seats on the plane -- in the very last row of Y.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Same thing AMS-DTW two weeks from now. How strange. I was able to improve my seat at least when an aisle opened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.