Poor Man's First Class

Old Mar 15, 13, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by generaltao View Post
There was a story posted about a guy who lost his Skymiles membership because he habitually claimed MQMs for his second seat (which was occupied by a musical instrument). So no, no MQMs for the second seat.
I also saw this article too and came looking here. The article stated that UA allowed one person to claim miles for two purchased seats. Is the article correct? And if so, are the miles also also status earning?

Last edited by 925; Mar 15, 13 at 7:29 pm
Old Mar 15, 13, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, SPG Plat, National EC Exec
I'd like to see if we can get a "Where's Thomas Hudson?" tracker going... I'd love to give that man a free Woodford... or a sushi roll from OFS. I've never sat next to anyone particularly interesting in flight... Maybe TH reads his newspaper and scolds at the rest of us from 1A? (nah, he's a 1B guy like me... direct access to lav).
Old Mar 15, 13, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by doubleA View Post
I'd like to see if we can get a "Where's Thomas Hudson?" tracker going... I'd love to give that man a free Woodford... or a sushi roll from OFS. I've never sat next to anyone particularly interesting in flight... Maybe TH reads his newspaper and scolds at the rest of us from 1A? (nah, he's a 1B guy like me... direct access to lav).
I think the Internet is like TV... It adds 15 lbs of personality...

I am a normal dude other than the fact I played football too long and may have had one too many concussions...

Feel free to buy me sushi at OFS, though... I can ham it up for free food and booze!
Old Mar 16, 13, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson View Post
I ---- may have had one too many concussions...
!
With hindsight I wished this had happened to me - it might have knocked some sense into me!
Old Mar 16, 13, 10:28 pm

Flying DL with a Cello

The 3/14/13 WSJ had an extensive article on a musician who used to get mileage for his cello. According to the article, he was warned to stop in 2001. He did. But agents suggested they could open an account for his cello. He resumed collecting miles. DL wiped out both accounts and banned him from the program. Wiping out his account was a vindictive action befitting a government bureaucrat. ""(If agents were encouraging travelers to open accounts for instruments, "that's not a reflection of our policy," Delta's spokesman said.)"" Their position is obviously that YOU are responsible for their agents actions and advice. I wonder if this also applies to any actions taken by all their employees. Seems like some sort of legal action would be appropriate. Interesting to note United gives mileage in such cases. All musicians should fly United. Sort of makes one ashamed to fly Delta.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...459673484.html

Last edited by KenfromDE; Mar 16, 13 at 11:06 pm
Old Mar 16, 13, 11:01 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
OK, good idea, but...

Doesn't this raise a security alert and be considered a "No show" in the computer? Then TSA and FBI might be crawling all over this flight?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: