Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why no EC Seat in bulkhead of 757? Can't find answer on seat guru.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond / Delta Plat

From the best that I can tell, seat guru has the my flight from ATL-MBJ listed as...

Boeing 757-200 (757/75U), Version 1

In row 19 there are only three seats in the bulkhead row (no seats across the aisle).

I see that seat D and E can be purchased as an Economy Comfort option but F cannot. Does anyone know why?

Basically I'm thinking that there may be something bulging out from the side of the cabin (life raft?) that won't allow the wider EC seat to fit but I want to make sure it's still a comfortable seat to sit in.

It's not that long of a flight so I went ahead and reserved the EC seat in D and then just the regular exit row seat at no cost in F. Basically the reason I did that was to sit in the bulkhead with my wife and be able to deplane and run to customs to start our vacation!

Normally I would NEVER choose a middle seat on my own but i can usually handle it in a bulkhead seat. Here's hoping it was a good choice and the drinks flow! ^

Thanks for any help!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by mtsublueraider
Basically I'm thinking that there may be something bulging out from the side of the cabin (life raft?) that won't allow the wider EC seat to fit
Exactly when did Economy Comfort seats get wider?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Exactly when did Economy Comfort seats get wider?
Rookie mistake.... maybe because they are "supposed" to recline more their footprint is wider and can't be next to an emergency exit door?

Either way, I don't want to make a huge mistake by cramming my wife into a seat she can't fit her legs into.

Anyone know?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
F is close to the exit door and the slide sticks out into the cabin causing reduced leg room.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:14 am

Delta removed the seats in question from the Economy Comfort program over the summer as they received a high number of complaints about them because the slide raft didn't make the seat as Economy Comfortable as they wanted
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iTanNicNic
Delta removed the seats in question from the Economy Comfort program over the summer as they received a high number of complaints about them because the slide raft didn't make the seat as Economy Comfortable as they wanted
Thanks for confirming that. I wonder why Seat Guru doesn't mention the slide coming out? Maybe it's not bad for a normal bulkhead seat but not good enough to pay extra for?

Does anyone have an opinion on if a smaller lady would be comfortable on a 3 hour flight sitting here? I'm assuming she could always swing her legs beside me? (sounds kinda silly...)

Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mbaker0936
F is close to the exit door and the slide sticks out into the cabin causing reduced leg room.
Thanks for your help! Any idea if it's a regular window or one of those small exit row windows?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:44 am

I wonder why Seat Guru doesn't mention the slide coming out?
It was a stealth change. SeatGuru has lost a lot of credibility over the past few years because they haven't been able to keep up with seat reconfigs, although they've gotten better recently. Part of the "blame" for this issue goes to airlines such as Delta, where there really is no two 757's configured exactly the same.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iTanNicNic
It was a stealth change. SeatGuru has lost a lot of credibility over the past few years because they haven't been able to keep up with seat reconfigs, although they've gotten better recently. Part of the "blame" for this issue goes to airlines such as Delta, where there really is no two 757's configured exactly the same.
That would make sense. There are SO MANY different configs for the 757 I can't keep up. I unknowningly booked a seat in a row without a window one time because I booked it at random.... could have kicked myself for that one.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
From the best that I can tell, seat guru has the my flight from ATL-MBJ listed as...

In row 19 there are only three seats in the bulkhead row (no seats across the aisle).

I see that seat D and E can be purchased as an Economy Comfort option but F cannot. Does anyone know why?

Basically I'm thinking that there may be something bulging out from the side of the cabin (life raft?) that won't allow the wider EC seat to fit but I want to make sure it's still a comfortable seat to sit in.

It's not that long of a flight so I went ahead and reserved the EC seat in D and then just the regular exit row seat at no cost in F. Basically the reason I did that was to sit in the bulkhead with my wife and be able to deplane and run to customs to start our vacation!

Normally I would NEVER choose a middle seat on my own but i can usually handle it in a bulkhead seat. Here's hoping it was a good choice and the drinks flow! ^

Thanks for any help!
That would make sense. There are SO MANY different configs for the 757 I can't keep up. I unknowningly booked a seat in a row without a window one time because I booked it at random.... could have kicked myself for that one.
FT has what Seat Guru tends to lack regarding EC:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html

That said, not feedback yet on the 75U...
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold

Originally Posted by mbaker0936
mtsublueraider refers to row 19 as bulkhead, but it is an exit row, yes? With longer leg room but seat F being a bit restricted by the slide? Does row 19 seating get zone 1 boarding since there is no seat in front of them?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:21 am

Hi everyone! I just got saddled with a surprise trip tomorrow and need some quick counsel... I'll be in a 75U, and my options are 20F in economy comfort, or 27E, which is a middle exit row seat in the second exit row. I'm interested if anyone knows which has more legroom, the EC or the Exit row? Also, is the EC recline any/much better than the Exit row? Thanks!!

Last edited by donpilot; Aug 18, 2013 at 1:41 pm
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by donpilot
Hi everyone! I just got saddled with a surprise trip tomorrow and need some quick counsel... I'll be in a 75U, and my options are 20F in economy comfort, or 27F, which is a middle exit row seat in the second exit row. I'm interested if anyone knows which has more legroom, the EC or the Exit row? Also, is the EC recline any/much better than the Exit row? Thanks!!
Row 27 likely has more leg room. As this is a domestic a/c, no extra recline in EC.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver

Thanks for any help!
I'm wondering the same thing about the 75E which my flight just changed to. It shows 19BC as EC but not 19A. Is 19A really bad? I saw a picture from rwoman that I think is this row and it didn't look to bad. There are three of us flying so I'm trying to figure out the best row on that type of 757. Of course if one of our party sat there it would be for a seat that we paid EC for but its not EC.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:15 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by s0479
I'm wondering the same thing about the 75E which my flight just changed to. It shows 19BC as EC but not 19A. Is 19A really bad? I saw a picture from rwoman that I think is this row and it didn't look to bad. There are three of us flying so I'm trying to figure out the best row on that type of 757. Of course if one of our party sat there it would be for a seat that we paid EC for but its not EC.
I was just on the 75E PIT/CDG in Y. When I'm alone, I usually choose 19C. This trip, there were 2 of us, so I chose 18D/E, which was perfect for privacy and talking; a teeny tiny tad less leg room, but still great seats!

Yes, the slide raft pak does intrude somewhat on your leg space in 19A, enough that I would never choose it. For 3 pax, it's a tough call. If one is a child or small adult, it's probably ok, but the rear exit row seats in row 36 might be a better choice, if 3 across are available, IMO.

DT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.