FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   AMEX SkyMiles card early boarding benefit: now zone 2? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1442982-amex-skymiles-card-early-boarding-benefit-now-zone-2-a.html)

marandpk Feb 27, 2013 1:36 pm

AMEX SkyMiles card early boarding benefit: now zone 2?

In SOME of the literature, Delta indicates AMEX SkyMiles cardholders will be allowed "ZONE 2" boarding, which would be a downgrade from the current "ZONE 1".

mia Feb 27, 2013 1:41 pm

Moderator action

Thread transferred to the SkyMiles forum because the question pertains to a benefit administered by Delta.

GRALISTAIR Feb 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by marandpk (Post 20328183)
In SOME of the literature, Delta indicates AMEX SkyMiles cardholders will be allowed "ZONE 2" boarding, which would be a downgrade from the current "ZONE 1".

Selfishly, I hope this is true.

benzemalyonnais Feb 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Good, they should do this.

Then, they should weigh and measure everyone's carry-ons.

ILovetheReds Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR (Post 20328265)
Selfishly, I hope this is true.

I am always either DM or PM with Delta, so doesn't really effect me, but if you are an FO you are NOT being selfish hoping it is true. FO's spend at least 25K miles on Delta flights and should get to board before someone who flies only a few times a year and has a credit card. If I was an FO I would be furious if I was fighting with people over bin space who got to board in the same zone for simply having a credit card. Sky zone is bad enough and I have gotten to the gate before when Zone 1 was boarding and there were a lot of people in that zone and it will only get worse now that SPG Plats with no status can board with zone 1.

I am a Hilton diamond and it really iritates me credit card holders with Hilton are getting the same benefits my wife gets and she spend over 30 nights a year with them. These loyalty programs need to start rewarding benefits to people that ACTUALLY use them over their credit card holders.

rylan Feb 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Don't worry, if your SPG Plat now you get priority boarding too :p

itsaboutthejourney Feb 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Yeah ^^ AMEX has done way to much damage to the way Delta treats loyal flyers, that is people who actually sit in seats 25K, 50K, 75K, 125K, etc.

Renes Points Feb 27, 2013 2:11 pm

First welcome to FT. Next, this is a typo, I have confirmed again and again with Delta CORP people and AMEX that ZONE1 is and will remain the current perk of GOLD/PLAT/RESERVE DL AMEX cards!

Adelphos Feb 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Link?

As a lowly FO, I was bit disappointed about how crowded zone 1 was...

Denolloyd Feb 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B145 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Link?

IME, Zone 1 has been less crowded than Zone Sky. It would however be nice to have the Amex folks board in Zone 2.

CJKatl Feb 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos (Post 20328429)
Link?

I have been disappointed about how mislabeled Zone 1 is... Why don't they just honestly call it Zone 4, rather than trying to reinvent the numbering system to be Pre, Prem, Sky, 1, 2...

CJKatl Feb 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Denolloyd (Post 20328453)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B145 Safari/8536.25)

IME, Zone 1 has been less crowded than Zone Sky. It would however be nice to have the Amex folks board in Zone 2.

Or Zone 5, as it actually is the fifth Zone to board.

reef58 Feb 27, 2013 4:11 pm

I am a lowly FO, and could't care less when Delta allows Amex holders to board. I feel no sense of superiority to them, and Delta lumps us together so there must be a reason.

roknroll Feb 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney (Post 20328395)
Yeah ^^ AMEX has done way to much damage to the way Delta treats loyal flyers, that is people who actually sit in seats 25K, 50K, 75K, 125K, etc.

Wow, for an elite flyer you are sitting in the waaaay back! I can't imagine what it would be like back with the chickens and carpetbaggers in seat 125K! I'm usually up in 2C :p

mattsteg Feb 27, 2013 4:34 pm

This is probably outdated from back before they renumbered zones and renamed 1 to "SKY" and 2 to 1.

With that said, FOs should board prior to amex medallions.