Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will "Harlem Shake" for Gifted GM Status!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite, SpaceX Lunar Elite

So I'm desperate. I fly CMH-LGA and back every week and will be for the upcoming future. With that route only being 500 miles I'm clearly a segment guy. Unfortunately it will take me forever to get GM. Full disclosure: I could care less about the upgrades to F as EC seats are mostly empty so I get a row to myself. I'm looking for GM for the SKY access to speed up security and hopefully get TSA Pre-Check invite also.

So DM's, since you can't sell me GM status ( can I trade a goofy Harlem Shake video for your enjoyment? Awhile back there was a thread about Delta letting DM's sell gifted status as long as the proceeds went to charity. Is that still legal? I'm open to options! And before someone says it yes I know I could just keep earning segments and earn it myself. I plan on doing that if I can't find another way obviously.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There have been Silver's who have reported getting access to Pre-Check. There is no formal invitation sent out. Make sure your Secure Flight Passenger Data section is filled and see if you get the triple beep. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 22, 2013 at 6:36 pm
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Why not sign up for Nexus or GE?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL PM
Depending on when you fly, lines in the C terminal at LGA are nonexistent. I catch the last wave of flights out and have never needed more than 5 minutes to clear TSA (both terminals D and C, with C being even faster). They are connected by a walkway, and the powered moving sidewalks should be going in eventually.

Welcome to the world of segment qualification - at least you won't need to worry about making MQD spend limits in 2014 and beyond.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by javabytes:20300092
+1

$100 for 5 years and you get PreCheck on any participating airline, plus the actual GE stuff of you ever go overseas.

As a segment FO, the $450 for an Amex Platinum is very worthwhile to me, too, as that includes SC access, the GE app fee, and $200 to spend on drinks/snacks or the occasional advance EC seat guarantee. All without having to chase extra segments or dance around for a stranger.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by domCMH
Does that look like THIS?

Can't you fly from CMH-ATL-LGA, CMH-DTW-LGA, CMH-NRT-LGA, etc.?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite, SpaceX Lunar Elite
Originally Posted by LBJ
There have been Silver's who have reported getting access to Pre-Check. There is no formal invitation sent out. Make sure your Secure Flight Passenger Data section is filled and see if you get the triple beep. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Yea I'm all filled out. Just patiently waiting...

Originally Posted by javabytes
Good point. Don't I have to go to an airport like JFK though that does the interview? I never fly out of JFK and so it would be a trip for me but maybe worth it.

Originally Posted by gooselee
+1

As a segment FO, the $450 for an Amex Platinum is very worthwhile to me, too, as that includes SC access, the GE app fee, and $200 to spend on drinks/snacks or the occasional advance EC seat guarantee. All without having to chase extra segments or dance around for a stranger.
Great point. I signed up for the Gold Amex last year and need to wait until next month to upgrade to the Plat. I'm def going to do that for the reasons you mention.

Originally Posted by Howste
Does that look like THIS?

Can't you fly from CMH-ATL-LGA, CMH-DTW-LGA, CMH-NRT-LGA, etc.?
I could....but I actually need to maximize the time I'm on the ground in NYC so doing the layovers would eat up too much time. That and the fact if I started doing layovers my company would make me fly USAir because they usually offer the least expensive non-direct flight.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Good point. Don't I have to go to an airport like JFK though that does the interview? I never fly out of JFK and so it would be a trip for me but maybe worth it.
Any of these airports.

http://www.globalentry.gov/enrollmentcenters.html
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Great point. I signed up for the Gold Amex last year and need to wait until next month to upgrade to the Plat. I'm def going to do that for the reasons you mention.
Just to make sure we're clear, we're talking about the unbranded Amex Plat, not the DL one.

If you're good with the $450 AF, also check into the DL Amex Reserve, which includes SC access and MQM opportunities for the same AF. The unbranded worked out better for me, but always good to know all your options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.