FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Cost to use Delta Skymiles earn from credit card? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1441239-cost-use-delta-skymiles-earn-credit-card.html)

yenflyertalk Feb 22, 13 10:23 am

Cost to use Delta Skymiles earn from credit card?

Hello everyone,

I just got my Delta Gold card. I was told by a rep that when I transfer my skymiles to my Delta Skymiles account , it would cost me .01 per pt . So To use 30000 skymiles to book a flight it would cost me $300 . Is there any truth to this? Please help. Thanks.

BobH Feb 22, 13 10:29 am

That doesn't sound right to me -- assuming you had your skymiles number when you signed up for the credit card etc, there shouldn't be any reason to transfer miles.

Also, many of us value delta miles at about a penny inch

Bob H

aduncan Feb 22, 13 12:12 pm

It sounds like the rep might be referring to the "benefit" where you can use miles to buy revenue tickets at .01 per point. 30,000 miles would reduce the cost of a ticket by $300.

This is generally not a good use of your miles but is a benefit only available to card holders.

rylan Feb 22, 13 1:21 pm

Whoever you talked to was confused or clueless. Your CC doesn't accrue any miles on it. Any spend is automatically credited as miles to your DL skymiles account once a month after your statement closes.

You can either use the miles in a traditional way to book an award ticket based on the award chart rate and availability on the flight you want, or use 'pay with miles' which you can receive $100 off for every 10000 miles you use, which is a .01/mi credit.

UpgradeMe Feb 22, 13 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by yenflyertalk (Post 20297107)
I just got my Delta Gold card. I was told by a rep that when I transfer my skymiles to my Delta Skymiles account , it would cost me .01 per pt . So To use 30000 skymiles to book a flight it would cost me $300 . Is there any truth to this? Please help. Thanks.

You were told this, yet you still applied for the card???

orca15 Feb 22, 13 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by yenflyertalk (Post 20297107)
To use 30000 skymiles to book a flight it would cost me $300.

As others alluded...you can use 30000 miles to SAVE you $300, not COST you.

riesc Mar 14, 13 2:22 am

Frustration with Delta

Am Exp didn't transfer as promised 2000 miles at end of year 2012. So, I missed platinum by that much. I've been platinum level for years and spent a couple of hours in Dec 2012 trying to insure P level.
When do dump Delta and go to another airline...

gooselee Mar 14, 13 7:27 am

Originally Posted by riesc:20416883
Am Exp didn't transfer as promised 2000 miles at end of year 2012. So, I missed platinum by that much. I've been platinum level for years and spent a couple of hours in Dec 2012 trying to insure P level.
When do dump Delta and go to another airline...

???

What amex product lets you transfer MQM in 2k increments? If you were transferring Amex Mr, those only provide RDM, which don't count toward status.