Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Enhancing Transcon Service in All Cabins, Moving Transcons to T4 at JFK

Delta Enhancing Transcon Service in All Cabins, Moving Transcons to T4 at JFK

Old Feb 22, 13, 8:21 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 133
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Nice move - upping the distance vs UA VS and AA.

And can buy premium wine in coach (Meomi) as well.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/delta-to-make-investments-in-the-customer-experience-on-transcontinental-flights-2013-02-22
MileCards is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 8:56 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York and Vienna
Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Posts: 3,860
Delta Enhancing Transcon Service in All Cabins, Moving Transcons to T4 at JFK

Big news this morning coming out of Delta:


Delta Upgrades BusinessElite and Economy Comfort Transcon Amenities, Moves Flights to Terminal 4


Delta Air Lines announced changes and improvements to its transcon service for flights between New Yorks John F. Kennedy International Airport and Los Angeles and San Francisco. The changes will also be in effect on Deltas forthcoming New York-Seattle flights.

Starting in May, ...
jspira is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 9:19 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Programs: DL MM Gold
Posts: 1,646
Thanks for the news. You sure scooped the DL Social Media reps that have our back. Wonder when they'll get the memo?
TheRoadie is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 9:24 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York and Vienna
Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Posts: 3,860
Originally Posted by TheRoadie View Post
Thanks for the news. You sure scooped the DL Social Media reps that have our back. Wonder when they'll get the memo?
You are welcome.

We get several thousand news releases a day but our system sorts through them and identifies about 10-50 that our editorial staff needs to see (based on algorithms and keywords, etc.). Our news editor Paul saw this when it came in over one of the wires around 10 or so and wrote it up as a priority news item.
jspira is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 9:34 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 2,873
Wow, the Economy Comfort perks are pretty nice. I wonder if they will increase the number of seats, since it's only a few rows on the left side of the A/C on the 757s. I know they are going to have lie flats being phased in, so maybe it will just increase as those get put into service? The way it is now, those seats are gone fairly quickly and I assume they are going to elites rather than paying customers.

Also nice to be in T4 with access to the SkyDeck

Last edited by roknroll; Feb 22, 13 at 9:40 am
roknroll is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 9:40 am
  #6  
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 150
I've been trying to post the release for the last hour, but I keep getting a "global network error" message and it times out. I'm sorry, guys.

Full release here:
http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1898
DLCorpGal is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 9:43 am
  #7  
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by roknroll View Post
Wow, the Economy Comfort perks are pretty nice. I wonder if they will increase the number of seats, since it's only a few rows on the left side of the A/C on the 757s. I know they are going to have lie flats being phased in, so maybe it will just increase as those get put into service? The way it is now, those seats are gone fairly quickly and I assume they are going to elites rather than paying customers.

Also nice to be in T4 with access to the SkyDeck
The 767s that will start being phased into the transcon routes next month have 29 Economy Comfort seats. The 757s that we're modifying to eventually dedicate to transcon will have 44 Economy Comfort seats. (http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1757)
DLCorpGal is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 9:45 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 2,873
Originally Posted by DLCorpGalNYC View Post
I've been trying to post the release for the last hour, but I keep getting a "global network error" message and it times out. I'm sorry, guys.

Full release here:
http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1898
Quick question DLCropGalNYC, with the expanded ammenities in economy comfort on these routes, will they still be threated like a regular domestic economy comfort that is free for Golds and above (and silvers at check in)? Or will it be treated like international economy comfort free for Plats and above, and discounted for silvers/golds?
roknroll is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 10:29 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Home: Arlington, VA; Home airports: IAD/DCA/BWI
Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Posts: 4,091
Originally Posted by DLCorpGalNYC View Post
I've been trying to post the release for the last hour, but I keep getting a "global network error" message and it times out. I'm sorry, guys.

Full release here:
http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1898
We still love you. Do post photos of the BE seats once you got your hands on it! (Well, subject to getting the formal company head nod.)
Wiirachay is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 10:39 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York and Vienna
Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Posts: 3,860
Originally Posted by Wiirachay View Post
We still love you. Do post photos of the BE seats once you got your hands on it! (Well, subject to getting the formal company head nod.)
Hopefully Delta will show off the new interior soon since it's scheduled for March.
jspira is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 10:43 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Seat 1A
Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Posts: 7,157
Originally Posted by jspira View Post
Hopefully Delta will show off the new interior soon since it's scheduled for March.
The new flat-bed / interior starting in March will be on the refurbished 767-300ER which are currently already flying around on international flights (it will be the 76Z with 26BE+200Y seats which are already flying routes like SFO-NRT-PEK or PDX-NRT-PVG today...). The new flat-bed seats on the 757s are the ones which are still 'unknown' (to us anyway) but those aren't scheduled to be rolled out until 2014...
ClipperDelta is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 11:03 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: check foursquare
Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
Posts: 14,367
Originally Posted by DLCorpGalNYC View Post
I've been trying to post the release for the last hour, but I keep getting a "global network error" message and it times out. I'm sorry, guys.

Full release here:
http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1898
As always, thank you for your contributions here. Since you've started posting here your track record for responses and providing great information has been excellent. ^^ We'll let this one delay slide
itsaboutthejourney is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 11:20 am
  #13  
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Posts: 154
The final version of the transcon 757-200 (75E) will feature the B/E Aerospace Parallel Diamond flat-bed seat in BusinessElite and the B/E Aerospace Pinnacle seat in EC and YC.

The interim mod taking place now is expanding EC from 11 seats to 25 and increasing the size of the media server in order to offer a library of up to 100 movies.


Originally Posted by ClipperDelta View Post
The new flat-bed / interior starting in March will be on the refurbished 767-300ER which are currently already flying around on international flights (it will be the 76Z with 26BE+200Y seats which are already flying routes like SFO-NRT-PEK or PDX-NRT-PVG today...). The new flat-bed seats on the 757s are the ones which are still 'unknown' (to us anyway) but those aren't scheduled to be rolled out until 2014...
Chris_DeltaCustExp is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 12:07 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NYC
Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Posts: 449
Thanks all for the updates! Makes me slightly more excited to fly transcons being that I rarely get upgraded. Sitting back in EC won't be so bad^
NYCflip is offline  
Old Feb 22, 13, 12:32 pm
  #15  
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by roknroll View Post
Quick question DLCropGalNYC, with the expanded ammenities in economy comfort on these routes, will they still be threated like a regular domestic economy comfort that is free for Golds and above (and silvers at check in)? Or will it be treated like international economy comfort free for Plats and above, and discounted for silvers/golds?
Yep, this will still be priced as domestic Economy Comfort - Gold, Plat and Diamond get it free anytime and then Silvers can purchase for 50% off up to a day before then free during the check-in window.
DLCorpGal is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread