Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL TSA Pre✓™ Oddity

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:35 am
Original Poster

ATL TSA Pre✓™ Oddity

Don't count on TSA Pre✓ working if your flight leaves from ATL F Concourse.

Third time denied.

Even on purely-domestic runs like ATL-SEA or ATL-JFK, scheduled TATL/TPAC livery departing the new F concourse likely means you're SOL at TSA Pre✓.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I recently had a Sunday afternoon ATL-PHL flight depart from F and was able to use Pre✓ without issue. I used the time saved to grab some slaw dogs and an Orange Freeze. (DL#1761 10 JAN 13)
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CJKatl
I recently had a Sunday afternoon ATL-PHL flight depart from F and was able to use Pre✓ without issue. I used the time saved to grab some slaw dogs and an Orange Freeze. (DL#1761 10 JAN 13)
Doubt that DL 1761 is scheduled TATL/TPAC livery.

Or any ATL-PHL flights, actually.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Don't count on TSA Pre✓ working if your flight leaves from ATL F Concourse.

Third time denied.

Even on purely-domestic runs like ATL-SEA or ATL-JFK, scheduled TATL/TPAC livery departing the new F concourse likely means you're SOL at TSA Pre✓.
Most likely means the good Dr. Teresa Wise and her high school wiz kids didn't bring your info over correctly in the recent conversion. Took me three weeks and four phone calls to get the information back in correctly.

She needs to be fired!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Doubt that DL 1761 is scheduled TATL/TPAC livery.

Or any ATL-PHL flights, actually.
Um, no, but it disproves your initial statement, "Don't count on TSA Pre✓ working if your flight leaves from ATL F Concourse." Doesn't it?

Last edited by CJKatl; Feb 22, 2013 at 7:00 am
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:56 am

There's randomness built into the PreCheck system — no one gets it 100% of the time.

When people don't get it, there's a tendency to look for explanations (the flight departed from the international terminal, DL IT is incompetent), but I think the more likely explanation is just luck of the draw.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by BizJet
....DL IT is incompetent....
Except in this case of the trusted traveler info and the recent migration, it has been proven by the thousands that they were......
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:15 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Except in this case of the trusted traveler info and the recent migration, it has been proven by the thousands that they were......
I am sure it is in the other threads, but what should one be looking for on their Delta profile to determine if the data is correct?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Is there even a PreCheck line at all if you ENTER via the F terminal? International flights do not offer PreCheck (or so they told me).

If you entered via the Domestic terminal and your domestic flight just happened to be departing from F then you should get PreCheck except for the random exceptions (and it has happened to me) noted above.

Last edited by keeton; Feb 22, 2013 at 7:27 am
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by TTT
I am sure it is in the other threads, but what should one be looking for on their Delta profile to determine if the data is correct?
First name, middle name, last name, EXACT match and in the proper fields. Then TT # must be correct. In my case the number was dropped, then re entered incorrectly. Then the names didn't match and they put first and middle name together in first name field.

And they screwed up the sky bonus transfer as well.....

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Feb 22, 2013 at 7:47 am
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by CJKatl
slaw dogs and an Orange Freeze. (DL#1761 10 JAN 13)
Varsity? YUM!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First name, middle name, last name, EXACT match and in the proper fields. Then TT # must be correct. In my case the number was dropped, the re entered incorrectly. Then the names didn't match and they put first and middle name together in first name field.

My solution, don't use the TT field (even though I'm enrolled in GE). Never had an issue. Seems like most of the people who are having issues are the ones who use TT. AFAICT, there's really no need to use it if you are Gold or above as Delta has already enrolled you. Seems like it's just creates a greater chance of things mis-matching, getting messed up, etc., etc. Remember, this is the TSA. Keep things simple!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
My solution, don't use the TT field (even though I'm enrolled in GE). Never had an issue. Seems like most of the people who are having issues are the ones who use TT. AFAICT, there's really no need to use it if you are Gold or above as Delta has already enrolled you. Seems like it's just creates a greater chance of things mis-matching, getting messed up, etc., etc. Remember, this is the TSA. Keep things simple!
This is a interesting suggestion because people on this site blame the number dropping off for their no longer getting PreCheck. On the other hand, there are several (including me) who have everything correctly entered, apparently, but are no longer getting PreCheck. I do not buy the randomness explanation. Not getting it six round trips in a row when previously had never been denied is no longer random (confirmed by TSA management, who specifically told me hundreds of Delta customers in their experience have lost PreCheck since the web site redesign).
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Remember, this is the TSA. !
No this is purely a DL IT issue.

When multiple TSA agents in multiple airports tell you that DL flyers are no longer clearing Pre-Check the issue falls at the feet of the good Dr. Wise.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:06 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
First name, middle name, last name, EXACT match and in the proper fields. Then TT # must be correct. In my case the number was dropped, then re entered incorrectly. Then the names didn't match and they put first and middle name together in first name field.

Interesting - I just had them fix my profile for other reasons. My SecureFlight data was FirstMiddle Middle Last. Now the secure flight and Delta profile seem to be correct and my TT number is in there.

But when I go to book a ticket it comes up as First Middle in the First filed, blank Middle field, and then Last. Cause for concern?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.