Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The CRJ 200 fleet is getting out of hand...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The CRJ 200 fleet is getting out of hand...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by bkomar
You all are lucky you are not stuck in YWG.
No offense intended here, but I am rather glad I am not stuck in YWG for many reasons other than CRJ200s...

As to the rest, agreed. Maybe they should have a "cushion upgrade" list and hand out extra seat cushions to those that clear.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Delta is considering adding an F section to the Torture Tubes. It has infinite legroom and gives you the ability to deplane (not just unfold to 3/4 height) as soon as the plane has come to a complete stop.

The downsides to the new Carlin Comfort Class seats are the temperature ranges -- going anywhere from +120F to -50F in the span of about 20 minutes -- and the lack of atmosphere. The CCC seats are located on the wing, in honor of their namesake, George Carlin: (" 'Let's all get on the plane!' [Bleep] you lady, I'm getting IN the plane. Let Evel Kanevil get ON the plane.")

And Delta expects you to flap your arms while sitting there so that they can save on fuel with the extra lift produced.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat
CRJ 200 discount

So a funny/sad note on this.

I was taking my usual crj200 flight out of csg today. When I get to the gate I saw a glorious 757 outside. Excited, I asked the gate attendant why we got such a nice plane today.

He proceeded to tell me it was a chsrter for the Auburn football team. Our crj was on the way.

So for that totally unjustified minute of excitement does Delta owe me any comp?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
CRJ 200 discount

Fun game to play in the bowels of CRJ hell (aka terminal C in Detroit):

Scan the boarding area and pick out the largest individual human you can find. This WILL be your seatmate. It never fails...
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by jsbh
Just wait 'til you read about nuking EF RU/OU upgrade availability! Your butt will really hurt then.
I made diamond last year on 150 segments.. This year I'm 10/10 on upgrades with close to 100 segments so far(yeah, only 10 legs on ships with F).. There's no point in watching EF for upgrade availability when you can "upgrade" to 1C and still play roulette on whether 1D will be open, or filled by some P-Oed tall person who booked last minute and had the choice of 1A/D or 7A/D.

Last edited by 32767a; Oct 18, 2013 at 8:13 pm
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by azeckel
Fun game to play in the bowels of CRJ hell (aka terminal C in Detroit):

Scan the boarding area and pick out the largest individual human you can find. This WILL be your seatmate. It never fails...
That used to happen to me on 900s nearly every time I flew DTW-SAT. It's sad, because the crews and GAs ignore the situation and there's nothing to do but suffer through the flight.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Mr. Hudson, I was disheartened to learn of your disappointment with the
tiny aircraft scheduled from Detroit to Oakland on October 5. We know
travelers need an airline they can count on, and I recognize how
upsetting it is when they discover they cannot fit fully inside the aircraft.
Be assured that I have shared your comments with our Airport Customer Service
leadership team for internal follow up.

I am truly sorry for your disappointment with our aircraft seating.
Please allow me to clarify that it is the responsibility of each
passenger to arrive at the airport as a sufficient size to complete all
shuffling, elbowing, crouching, and contorting procedures that are
required to board our regional aircraft. For your convenience, the passenger
size guidelines are available on delta.com. If a passenger has not
met the guidelines, they risk having their reservation cancelled and may
not be able to travel on their confirmed flight. Respectfully, this
requirement applies to all customers checking in, with or without
Woodford.

Moreover, I understand the frustration you experienced when your plans
were disrupted due to the on-time departure of Flight 4062 I am truly
sorry your travel was so adversely affected and you spent the better
part of the day in that aluminum hell-hole in crowded conditions.
Your feedback will help us to focus on areas that need attention in order
to improve our overall customer experience.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:44 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
My butt hurts...
I believe this post is in the wrong forum . . . .

Or, perhaps, on the wrong website!!!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Will a Triple Woodford do you?
If it's a short enough flight, they may not have any Woodford on board...TH may be in a bad way right now!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 4:53 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
I thought CRJ200 have complimentary economy sauna seats?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 6:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
I thought CRJ200 have complimentary economy sauna seats?
On Select* routes.

*During summer when working** ground cooling unit is not present

** if you want a working ground cooling unit, try the new family travel bundle. For a one time*** fee, you get.

- priority boarding so you can sit on on the plane for 90 minutes before it takes off unlike those suckers sitting in the terminal who will sit for 80 minutes.
- a faint puff of relatively cooler air that does not increase no matter how many times adjust the nozzle.
-Noassatol seats. Even if you have one, when the trip is over, you'll feel like you do not.
-aromatherapeutic cabin experience. French onion soup body oder complemented by what you are pretty sure is a Popeyes chicken sammich or a dead opossum.
- peanuts , just don't ask for more than 2 bags. Ever....
- pee on the floor and walls of the 2 cubic foot head... Everyone else does.
- yes, I realize this is an exit row seat and I will help all 6 people who can fit out it.
- seriously, I am starving, we sat on the ground for 2 hours and I am stuck on this thing for 90 more minutes. Can I please have one more bag of peanuts?
- bonus temporary cardiac arrest when landing gear deploys. Assuming all do deploy.
-Give me his peanuts, he clearly is hoarding.
-Pink Tag Elite Services... We will deliver you bag only 15 minutes after you deplane whilst you wait in our revitalization heat chamber assuring life giving blood once again enters your posterior regions and all sodium from the two bags of peanuts exits your body on to the dress shirt you will go ahead and have to change in the smelly Crown Room bathroom.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Are we still waiting for the 717s from AirTran -which in turn need the 737 advanced being delivered to WN, for us to see less of these CRJ200s?

Flights out of CHA used to be exclusively these Barbie jets but some of those have been upgraded to decent planes IIRC.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are we still waiting for the 717s from AirTran -which in turn need the 737 advanced being delivered to WN, for us to see less of these CRJ200s?

Flights out of CHA used to be exclusively these Barbie jets but some of those have been upgraded to decent planes IIRC.
I don't see very many 50-seat CRJ200 flights being upgraded to 100+ seat 717s. The FL 717s are coming to replace the remaining DC-9s and perhaps some MD-88 routes (where the MD-88 is too large).

The CRJ200 fleet reduction is more dependent on the delivery of the additional 76-seaters (E175s). Upgauging a 50-seat plane to a 76-seat plane looks a lot more likely than doubling the capacity to a 100+ seat plane.

Some current 76-seater flights might get a 717, which would indirectly free up a 76-seater to replace some 50-seaters.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by FWAAA
I don't see very many 50-seat CRJ200 flights being upgraded to 100+ seat 717s. The FL 717s are coming to replace the remaining DC-9s and perhaps some MD-88 routes (where the MD-88 is too large).

The CRJ200 fleet reduction is more dependent on the delivery of the additional 76-seaters (E175s). Upgauging a 50-seat plane to a 76-seat plane looks a lot more likely than doubling the capacity to a 100+ seat plane.

Some current 76-seater flights might get a 717, which would indirectly free up a 76-seater to replace some 50-seaters.
Thank you for that clarification. that makes sense. BTW - FWIW - I actually like the DC9s. Much prefer them to CRJ200s.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thank you for that clarification. that makes sense. BTW - FWIW - I actually like the DC9s. Much prefer them to CRJ200s.
Isn't any aircraft with FC better than a plane without FC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.