Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How Do I search Delta Codeshare flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm trying to maximize my revenue on Delta coded flights. However, I fly to a lot of cities in Asia that are not serviced by Delta. How do I look for just Delta codeshare flights on their partners (e.g. MU, FM, CZ, KE..etc..etc)?

Delta.com is not very good and is limited in it's usefulness. It does not service the cities that the codeshare partners service. (e.g. CAN, SHA, CKG, SGN..etc..etc..).

Thanks for the help,
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I'd start here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...er-thread.html

Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:03 pm

The best way I know of is to grab Delta's PDF flight schedule and scroll over to the city you're flying into/out of. That schedule lists DL codeshares and only DL codeshares, so any flight not listed there is one without a codeshare.

Unfortunately, many SkyTeam and partner (Alaska) flights have no DL codeshare number at all, so booking them as a Delta flight number is simply impossible. You can get them on the same ticket by calling Delta or using a TA, but that may not be good enough for you (i.e., Fly America Act compliance...). It's rather frustrating that DL will codeshare on just one or two flights a day to claim they have service to a city, when in reality those flights might be at ludicrous times for connection traffic or O&D traffic.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:36 am

Another good source is the PDF route maps on delta.com. Every city with DL code is shown on the map. Gives you a good idea of the destinations then you can go into the schedules looking for actual routings available.

Downloadable Route Maps - delta.com
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all. This is extremely helpful. I have both the route map and the flight table and it helps. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.