Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A delta Agent Just Hung up on me on the Diamond line. Are You KIDDING ME?!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A delta Agent Just Hung up on me on the Diamond line. Are You KIDDING ME?!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down A delta Agent Just Hung up on me on the Diamond line. Are You KIDDING ME?!!

I was attempting to book a ticket online. The moment i hit purchase on a ticket i got a screen that said that the fare had changed. This was literally 5 seconds after selecting the ticket. I decided to call the medallion desk to see if i could get assistance and this is where my experience went from discomfort to horrible.

I spoke with an agent who seem bothered by my call and she told me that she could not do anything to hold for her supervisor. I though she was rude but fine it seemed like she was transferring me to a supervisor. Now the supervisor came on the phone and the greeting was " I understand you are having trouble with the booking system". She did not allow me to explain the problem before she started talking, This person would not allow me to speak and her demeanor made me feel belittled. I asked her to stop talking and to listen to me, i consider this a basic concept or customer service. At this point this person did what i consider the most disrespectful thing in the world! She hung up on me! Is this the type of service you provide to your customers? Further more diamond members? Im so upset over this, i feel so personally disrespected and outraged.

This airline prides itself in been "the best global airline" and the portrait of the best employees in the world taking care of us. Well i hate to say it but Dawn, a supervisor at your Cincinatti call center is not. Im finding every day more employees like her at Delta. Sounds like poor coaching about what customer service is.

I may need to do what i have been wanting not to do for a while.... Move to American Airlines.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Oh noEs!1!!!111
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:52 pm

you should have said - dykwia?;0

Welcome to FT! It happens, may be the phone got disconnected or something could have happened - call them again and talk to them friendly and explain them your issue and see if they can help you.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

No this person hung up on purpose, she said The call is over and hung up.

This makes sense now, Dawn from Cincinnati's call center has not been sent to charm school.

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/02/0...-charm-school/

No this person hung up on purpose, she said The call is over and hung up.

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/02/0...-charm-school/

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 18, 2013 at 10:37 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:59 pm

How about not mentioning your online issues at all (after all, what can they do?) and just ask to purchase a ticket? Or try to purchase with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and collect UR points, cash back, etc.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:05 pm

Complain it to the president of Delta Airlines, I hope you still the the supervisor's name...

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/conta...nes-62841.html
Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Off to DL Forum you go.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by philemer
Off to DL Forum you go.
No thanks. Send him to AA
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DaChief
^
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
I believe I've spoken with Dawn in the past. (If it's the same one) I found her great to work with. Sorry to hear you had a problem.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by DaChief
+1

Good Riddance.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The OP's initial mistake was in failing to hang up when CVG answered the DM line.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
Not many airlines to flee to anymore lol.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL-DM
I'm always curious about the other side of the story. Particularly when someone joins FT in order to relate their story of poor airline treatment. Not trying to cast suspicion, but it always sounds suspicious.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The OP's initial mistake was in failing to hang up when CVG answered the DM line.
How in the world do you know which location you get when you call in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.